Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Best car I've ever owned
By beachbumm

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second E-320. Both are fine cars, but the 2005 is clearly the superior machine. I think the best one-word description for this car is "precision". It is fun to drive and does exactly what I expect. In the first six months of ownership there have been no problems at all. Having suffered quality issues in recent years, Mercedes has returned to the high standards of old with a car which seems nearly bulletproof.

Favorite Features

This car is such finely integrated equipment, both functionally and aesthetically, that it is difficult to isolate its attributes. I wish everyone had one of these.

Super Car!
By Alan B.

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Solid, smooth, handles well and is a wonderful alternatve to a bulky, poor-handling SUV! This wagon drives like a sedan, is comfortable like a sedan, yet has tons of storage space. My only complaint is the usual problem with the stupid headrest that travels upward, whether you move the seat back or forward. Mercedes needs to fire the engineer who designed this bizarre feature into the car! Other than this, the best car (wagons) on the road. Had an Audi Allroad and this is FAR superior in all respects!

Newer E320 Wagons
By SandyF

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

WE upgraded from a 2000 wagon. The 2004 model amazed us in the improvements both on the inside, but more importantly on the drive. The newer models start from a stop faster and they corner even better. Only negatives really are the price and the reduced head room for the rear (3rd) seat.

Favorite Features

Performance much improved

Suggested Improvements

More headroom in the back (3rd) seat. I-pod connector. Removal of selections for uninstalled options such as GPS and Satelite radio.