2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
My E500 AWD
By jm hilton on 11/21/06 10:15 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

A great automobile with plenty of power, excellent comfort, and good mileage on trips (22+ mpg). The drive dynamic seats, keyless go, parktronic and navigation systems are super. No failures in the 19 months/19000 miles.

The Best E Class I've had yet
By krudolph on 09/12/06 07:36 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I've driven this car for two years, and it is the best E Class yet. It is fun to drive, and with four snow tires it is very good in the snow. I am going to get a E550 4Matic. I got 23 mpg on the highway with the air conditioner running and 16-17 mpg around town.

Best E Class Yet
By krudolph on 08/03/06 05:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This has been a great car. Nothing has gone wrong with it. It is fantastic in the snow. I average 16 to 17 mpg around town and 25 to 27 mpg on the highwaway. Not bad for a car that can go 0-60 in 5 to 6 seconds. I'm going to get a 2007 model.

Driving feel being lost among electronics
By jgo on 09/09/05 11:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd MB. Owned an E500 4m for a year, and decided to sell. First the good news, the car was totally reliable and finely finished inside and out, but a few months of driving revealed a series of irritations that added up. There's throttle lag in this model, and brakes are hard to modulate due to the 'SBC'. The steering power assist at lo speed is non existent, and at any speed the wheel needs constant input to stay on line. The airmatic works well at speed in corners and to isolate cabin, but go over a bump at lo speed and your head will bob. My old E430 4m felt roomier and easier to drive in suburbia and city. This car is engineered to compete with BMW in autobahn conditions, not on Long Island.

Pure Luxury
By Mr. Yu on 06/05/05 01:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This car is awesome! The powerful V8 is silky smooth with responsive handling making this car an absolute joy to drive. The interior feels like it was well made and solid with sexy styling. When you slide into the car you immediately get the feeling of "luxury". In addition, it's packed with plenty of convenience features, too many to list. Definitely the best sedan I've ever owned!

Quick
By Glenn on 03/11/05 07:01 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

The seven speed transmission and 304 HP engine give the E500 the ability to make even the most routine trip a fun experience. The car responds with you press the gas pedal. The feel of the brake-by-wire requires a little getting used to, but the brakes are excellent. A well engineered vehicle as would be expected for this price level car.

E500 AMG Sport
By J. David Zubas on 02/08/05 17:23 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first Mercedes and what a delight so far. I bought the E500 with the AMG Sport package (larger tires, special alloy wheels, E55 body panels, dual exhausts extensions, etc). The sport package really sets off the looks by giving it a bit more aggressive look while improving the handling of the car. It is very smooth and powerful for a car with just over 300 HP. This is the first new car that I have owned that has not needed any oil added so far (over 8K miles) based on the electronic oil measuring system.

A Great, but Expensive Ride
By Rick on 01/27/05 16:07 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

A tight, well balanced ride. Like most Mercedes, I had electrical problems and needed to have batteries replaced 4 times in the first 2 months I owned it. On the road it has good pickup with responsive and crisp steering. All inclusive with the fairly loaded configuration I specificed it set me back $76,000 and although I'm happy with the car, I feel I should have walked out of the showroom with at least another $10K in my pocket. Overall, the powerful engine combined with excellent handling makes for an exhibiliating and road worthy experience.

Mercedes E500
By martin on 01/15/05 06:43 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Great car! Love the performance and interior layout. Harmon-Kardon sound system is superb!

NIce car
By Bill on 12/08/04 16:01 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I had a 2003 E500 which seemed quicker than this car, I think for the money it should have more hp