2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Bad decision from start to finish
By Victoria on 07/05/10 19:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a certified pre-owned 2005 E320 from a VERY reputable Mercedes dealership in North Carolina. It was the worst decision I have ever made. I fell in love with the appearance of the car, the dynamic Italian leather seats, navigation etc. Unfortunately, it doesn't run properly. In addition to regularly scheduled maintenance, the Mercedes service department (at two separate dealerships) has had my car in for "repair" EIGHTEEN times. In two years. No joke. It has a stalling issue that Mercedes trained and qualified service technicians cannot fix. It supposedly does not generate any error codes when it does this, so Mercedes can't fix it and I'm stuck with it. BEWARE!

I love my MB 05 E320
By VA-DC Driver on 06/17/10 12:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We have been completely happy with our purchase. Owned it 3 years at this point, bought it 2 yrs old with 27k miles (cert preowned buy). It now has 72k. Sold my 04 C320Wagon (that we also loved) and bought the E Dont buy a Benz if you dont want to pay the premiums for servicing. This isn't a car for those who like to change their own oil. My Ford bought new and now same miles -yes cheaper to take care of but way way less of a vehicle. Changed brakes and tires at same intervel w Ford. I was warned by non Benz owners (jealous?) about alleged electronics issues but after 3 yrs haven't had any probs.

Beware of Certified Pre-Owned
By KGinthedesert on 01/03/10 19:33 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I lost a BMW 528 in an accident and needed a car. Found this sharp platinum blue / parchment E320 with chrome wheels. After one week, the brake problems started. I've had the car a year and the break problems went away for one week when something else broke. I took it in to have the other problem fixed and the brakes were bad again. The certified warranty is up and so is my luck. I'll not only never buy from this dealer, but won't buy a Benz again.

2005 E 320 Sedan
By L Jaksetich on 04/22/09 06:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Fantastic mileage,...drove 920 miles to Florida on less than two tanks of fuel!!! Great road car for comfort, speed & handling. Purchased car, used, 3 yrs old with less than 10K. Even performed well this past winter in driving for it's weight,....truly is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. This is my 4th Mercedes. Hope to drive it for a long time. Service is 2nd to none at my selling dealer.

A good year so far
By gmac on 07/24/06 21:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought car used with 5k with xenon, parktonic, & panoramic roof - three great options! The brake pump is very annoying as it cycles on and off. Base stereo much better than anticipated. Averaging 21 mpg which seems reasonable. Would have preferred used low mileage S class but my boss owns one. 2007 S Class scary in terms of long term maintenance. Best to lease I guess.

You've gotta love it!
By usafrdoc on 07/21/06 19:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This has got to be one of the most invigorating driving experiences I have ever had. This car is as much fun to drive as it is to look at. With DVD Navigation and Satellite Radio (Sirius) you have one of life greatest pleasures getting from one destination to another. The Harmen Karden stereo has such a vibrant sound. All in all -- a great driving experience

Best Benz
By R.W. Murray on 01/21/06 19:22 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My Benz is the best driving car I have owned. Cornering and braking are excellent. A Little more space in the "E" would be a plus.

Mecedes Getting It Right
By D. Stumpf on 11/08/05 15:43 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

In spite of the negative press MB has received of late, I do think they are getting it right in the 2005 and 2006 model years. In particular I have nothing but praise for my trusty E320. This is my third MB (2nd in the last 3 years) and by far the best. In fact, I think it outshines anything in it's class. I now have nearly 15,000 miles and my only service has been for scheduled maintenance. It's been a trusty vehicle for over a year now, and I would not own any other brand for this type of car. My only complaint (and this holds for the 2003 models as well) is extremely poor wear on OEM tires. I have over 45,000 miles on my 2004 Acura MDX with less apparant wear than the MB.

Stay away from the airmatic suspension
By robert davis on 07/26/05 16:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

With 1500 miles on my new E class a red message came on the dash, "do not drive-stop the car now" The airmatic suspension failed and the car looked like a "low rider" I had the car towed and four days later it was repaired. The control module failed along with a few other things. This module is approx. $3000 , what a nice thought down the road. The brake pedal squeaked, the door trim is a light color with no door sill so it is always dirty, (replaced once), the wipers were noisy and chatter and Mercedes doesn't seem to know what to do. I had to put white lithium grease on them to stop the squeak. Noticed this when I went to pick up the car after four days in the shop. Stay away from MB .

Enjoy
By Hobgood on 06/12/05 12:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd E-Class and without a doubt the best. Great reliability, good ride, better gas mileage, good responsiveness, and it's comfortable.