Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 171 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Super car
By Marge Grimm

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Reliable, very comfortable and a lot of engine performance.

Best car I've ever owned.
By Anne Von Schlegell

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Most Fun to Drive (Still is.)
By ccelpjack

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

The 2005 E320 CDI is the most fun to drive car that I've ever owned in my short 68 years. This car was made to be driven and driven hard! I've owned three Mercedes vehicles-1 gas and 2 diesels and the 2005 E320 CDI is the fastest and has the most torque of the three. (I absolutely love top drive this car. It literally is as solid as a rock. It tracks down the highway like an arrow and when I pass a semi at highway speeds (or a little more) it doesn't waver one single millimeter. I sometimes take it out on the Interstate and drive it just for the fun of it. I LOVE THIS CAR!

The true family hauler!
By gandeesinla

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Wagon (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

With room for seven and nearly 500 hundred horsepower this wagon delivers a safe and fun experience for up to seven passengers. This car is very expensive new but is a serious piece of engineering. It's luxurious and fun to drive and looks subdued but sporty. It's a sleeper....

Keyless Entry & Push button start Power & Handling Solid Mercedes build quality and weight Paddle Shifters Interior comfort and quality

A Great Ride So Far
By benz_man

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

We bought our 05 CDI with 48K on it 1 year ago tomorrow so I thought this would be a good time to right a review since I came here to read a bunch before I bought it.
This car is a joy to drive and has been nothing but great for us. We downsized from an 07 Suburban because we really didn't need the room anymore and the Suburban is hard to give up if you've ever driven one.
Great mileage, pretty much 28 in town and 35-37ish highway. This car feels safe, drives great, is quiet and has been bulletproof.
I had one service issue, a door lock problem. The extended warranty covered it for 100 bucks.
Drive one and put your foot into it.
The diesel torque will put a smile on your face, I promise.

Style, this car looks like a 2012 even though its 8 years old. Torque. The diesel is amazing. I'm telling you, it will bring a smile to your face and your still getting 35 MPG. Try that in a gasoline car. Solid feel. This car is heavy and you feel like secure in it. Back seat has plenty of room for 2. Mileage, this car saves us a ton at the pump. Seat heaters heat up in seconds. Trunk space is huge. Oil filter is so easy to change. Takes 2 minutes and is right on top. I do my own oil. I did buy a pump to change oil instead of taking covers off and draining it. Filters are not expensive at the dealership. I buy Mobil 1 at the auto parts store.

Cant really think of too much to improve. I guess the Sat radio is kind of quirky sometimes. Maybe the door jams could be polished stainless or something like that because getting in and out your shows tend to mark the fabric up. The switches in the visors to turn on the light when you open the mirror are kind of cheap. I had to replace the passenger one but it was only 5 bucks at the dealership.