2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Review: This car rocks!

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Review

This car rocks!
By James on

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

So far this has been a terrific car. The power is unlike any vehicle I've ever driven. Believe everything you have read about this car; it boogies. The interior is different for me, having had SUV's and trucks. Cupholders and basic storage are the only downside. The build quality overall is impressive as is the overall comfort of driving. The driving experience is somewhat different because the brakes, gas pedal, and tranny are always "thinking" on how I am driving, etc, so it will take getting used to. It does drink the premium though. Also, the a/c is incredible, as in hang meat in the cabin cold. Stereo is OK...lots of gadgets overall. It's a beauty to look at too, makes me smile.

469 hp is not bad. The engine is very refined and the exhaust note is pleasing. When you start the car you know something formidable is lurking underneath..it always feels ready to unleash, (once it is warmed up). I live in the heat of El Paso, so the a/c is by far my favorite non engine feature.

An AWD option would civilize this beast. It would get all the power to the ground w/o destroying $400 tires and it would make it less scary for someone to drive who may be afraid of all the power, ie, my wife. I'd also like to see some storage/cupholder improvements...maybe like the Lexus lineup.