2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Review: Hot Car

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Review

E500 4MATIC Sedan (5.0L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Hot Car
By Rick_MB on

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent handling and stability with an almost surgical attachment to the road when cornering a little too fast for those hairpin turns. Pickup very good although I debated between the 320 and the 500 won out, I almost wish I went for the E55 AMG which would have taken my horses from 302 to 467. Reliability as compared to my 2002 ML is far in away better although I've got under 10k miles and have yet to see the yellow ! go on for any AWD action. Contour seats seem to breathe around you and those bladders fill and empty whenever you take a curve at high speed and it senses the g forces to hold you firmly in place. And the girls seem to like it also.

Favorite Features

Powerful and able to accelerate well. Holds the road like glue and keeps a well balanced attitude under stressful road conditions. Nice sound system but not primo. Good visibility and fun to drive. Attractive styling, attracts a lot of admiring glances.

Suggested Improvements

I HATE the built in phone! Short sighted engineering gets you stuck with old technology phone that's not upgradable and will no longer be supported. No GSM capability and they FORCE you to use their proprietary phone which won't supply the service and they charge you $700 for the phone itself.