2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class 5.4L V8 Supercharger 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Awesome E55

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Review

Awesome E55
By hanconone on

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I first drove this car at the AMG challenge at Daytona last May. It was an 8 hour opportunity to try (beat on) all the AMG models. With pro drivers riding shotgun we took these cars to the limit. From the SLK55 to the big S55 the available power and superb handling was like nothing I'd ever experienced before. I decided the E55 AMG was the one for me and I couldn't be happier. I find excuses to drive it. I even drove from NH to Florida and back for fun and a little golf, and if my wife would let me I'd go to California. If you are looking for high performance with versatility and all the creature comforts, Mercedes-Benz AMG vehicles can't be beat.

Favorite Features

The 469hp supercharged V8 coupled to the 5 speed tiptronic: 0 to 60 in about 4.5 sec. plus unbelievable torque. Get on the highway and you own the road but be careful, the car will be travelling well over posted limits before you can blink: scary fast!

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint is the 6-CD changer is slow.