Used 2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Good Car
By Jerry Sell

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Enjoy the car. Good handling, good gas mileage, good ride. Nice leather interior. Comfortable seats with power lumber suport

Favorite Features

Nav. Power lumber support.

Nothing but good on this one
By Kris Keeney

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have had nothing but good results with my 2004 E500. Acceleration is great. I have read some of the other entries here and feel for those who have had a different experience. Maybe it was luck, or whatever, but my E500 has been awesome. My lease is up soon and I am trying to decide what to do. I should buy this car, but am tempted to check out even more power. The acceleration is addictive. Make sure you obtain a radar detector. Such is the only reason I am not locked up.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, high speed acceleration. Handling. With consistent care, the exterior paint and interior leather look brand new. Wheels look great and clean nicely

Suggested Improvements

Some of the fake woodgrain thingies in the passenger area cover up flimsy plastic. For example, the middle console compartment handles: the wood grain outer part is atop white plastic. Should not be the case for this level of car. Front grille should not be plastic

Beautiful but Fragile
By osanchez

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned several Mercedes during my life time and I can telll you this has been my worst experience with MB. Three blown tires, broken A arms, broken subframe, bransmission issues and not to mentioned expensive parts and repair costs. This vehicle was made to be driven on air not on realistic day to day roads. I will not recommend this vehicle. Very beautiful but fragile!

Favorite Features

Beautiful exterior and interior looks! Excellent seats and egornomics. Excellent handling.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission, air suspension, and all underpart support systems including A arms, subframes, rims, cargo latches. Very fragile!

Bad air conditioning system
By kai

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The air conditioner continues giving out foul, sour, acidic smell even after 2 heater core replaced, 2 complete cleaning. The manufacturer call center confirmed it's a known issue. Transmission adapter failed once and is now leaking agin. Independent service center called it a fire hazard. Does anyone experience the same as I do with this car, please let me know. I really appreciate it.

Favorite Features

Dynamic chair and massage on the chair

Suggested Improvements

More storage bins throughout the car, the navigation DVD should be in the dash and the screen should position better.

Never Buy Another One
By jon

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Mercedes has lost its quality of years past. I purchased my E500 and for two years had nothing but problems with it. After 60,000 miles and $10,000 in repairs I traded it in for a Lexus.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the quality of the car.