2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG - Consumer Reviews

E55 AMG 5.4L V8 Supercharger 5-speed Automatic - (27 reviews )
Babyboomers rocketship
By JVOEGE on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

As a performance enthusist, I was totally lost since my corvette days. Having a family with kids made 2 seaters impractical. I saw a write up on this car in a magazine and ordered it the next day. First one in the state I believe. The car is Platinum blue which the women love. Anyway, horsepower and torque make this the sweetest car I've ever driven. Getting onto the highway is a blast. This car pulls so strong, I'm wondering how I don't break something. The brakes have been noted as quirky, but to me they work great. This is, to me, the best family sedan made for us babyboomers who must have seating for four or five, and want to relive our youth.

Exotic 4 Door
By Greek Boy on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

AWESOME car. This car pulls hard like my 2001 911 TT. Exotic performance that fits 5 people with luggage. Love this car since it looks like a regular MB to most people.

The world's greatest sedan
By amgunit on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

The Mercedes E55 AMG is the most amazing driving machine ive ever lived with !!!!

Mercedes E55 AMG the BEAST
By Richard Weavil on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This is without a doubt the fastest sedan in the world.I have driven them all.This is as fast as a 12cyl Ferrari 575M and you can take 4 friends and their lugage with you in a luxurious cabin. I'm sorry but the E55 leaves an M5 in the dust. Oh by the way it only has 469HP.

Buyer Beware
By chngr on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

My 2004 E55 has been the worst car experience I have ever encoutered. On the day I took delivery, the Command system malfunctioned and stopped working. In addition, the rim was scratched and the homelink system was inoperative. It has been in the service department for a total of 2 weeks since I took delivery a month ago. MB USA has been totally unsympathetic and uncaring for a car that cost me $100k. I have left several customer concerns that were never followed up. My recommedation is to avoid this car and Mercedes Benz.

E55AMG
By Andy on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This is the fastest Benz they have built to date, they are not kidding . Its a handful. It will put a smile on your face every day. Iys all engine, brakes & suspension. It is also very comfortable for daily use . I have had 20 cars in a 4 year time span . From Ferrari, BMW, Audi, Maserati,Volvo,Nissan,9 Benz's . Including, the new 500sl, clk55amg . This is my favorite to date. I plan on ordering a new one to replace this one in august

E55
By kevin89 on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

ITS A NICE CAR!