Used 2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Fun toy
By Tinku

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Had it for six months. Smooth accleration. Sped upto to 90 several times without realiing it.However, in the beginning it felt like I needed excess force on the accelerator (compared to my Camry). That problem seems to have gone.Love the voice activated telephone and CD changer.The telephone system is overpriced. Dealership people installing the phone system were not knowledgeable enough.

Favorite Features

Navigation system and telephone.

Suggested Improvements

Need more cup holders. Too much fabric.My sunroof rapid opening button doesn't work.

5,000 mile report
By GregS96

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

So far this automobile is the finest I have ever owned. I had only one problem with the vehicle the first week I owned it: the Command unit (stereo/GPS/cell phone), blacked out on my while driving. The dealer picked up the vehicle and found a "software installation" problem. I haven't had a problem with the vehicle since. Even though this is the most expensive vehicle I have ever owned, by 20K (the last was a Vette), I really feel I got my moneys worth.

Favorite Features

Size of the vehicle is perfect for long distance driving and city maneuvering/parking. Car "feels" safe, solid/reliable. Very good ergonomics. Overall mileage is 23.5mpg.

Suggested Improvements

I have a habit of forgetting to take the cell phone with me when I leave the vehicle. I hear "Blue tooth technology" allows you to keep the phone on your person, while integrating it to the vehicle. also, a gas/battery hybrid engine to increase mileage while maintaining performace.

not so great
By hcgridder

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Outstanding car, poor creature comforts or bad design. Excellent performance is one thing but overall is another. May not repurchase in2-3 years.

Suggested Improvements

interior design. No CD player, only an add on. Lexus has far superior interior design and comfort.

Better than the Volvo S80 AWD
By view

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Everything. This car is so good it out performs my wifes 2004 Volvo S80 AWD by so much i dont even know how to tell you guys reading this. Buy this car you will not regret it in anyway.

Favorite Features

AWD and multicontour front messaging seats

Suggested Improvements

NONE

too many gadgets too little service IQ
By flatout

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Great Car, poorly built. The engine is strong, very strong but it's pushing a rolling sevice call. Dealership is unable to deal with complex technical problems and simple drivetrain issues.

Favorite Features

Speed and perfornmance

Suggested Improvements

Build it to last and get the dealerships up to speed on service. With this car you will definately get to know the service personel all too well.