2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Much better than the last model
By Riven on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

After a disasterous 2000 E Class wagon (windshield leak, ox sensor fault, aircon breakdown...), this one seems much better put together and of much higher quality. The dark grey exterior is striking while the interior is much improved. I acutally think the wagon looks better than the sedan. They might have got it right this time.

Expected More
By Johnny Ca$h on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

The ride is much harsher than you would expect from a car with adjustable air suspension. The engine makes a lot of noise somewhat like a diesel.The engine should run smoother considering it has two spark plugs per cylinder.

MERCEDES E500
By KAREN on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

THIS IS ONE FINE AUTOMOBILE

A Mind of its Own
By X-TWA on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Was very excited for the new E320 to become available. That was the last excitement I experienced.First,imagine driving at around 10mph and having the transmission start fluctuating between 1st and 2nd gear causing the car to buck..service dept says that is normal ..second,imagine trying to simply accelerate slowly fwd after backing out of a parking space and there is delayed response and then the engine almost stalling....Service dept says this is normal..very disappointed with the entire Mercedes experience.Please get Volvo to bring back my S-70 "box" that I so loved for 8years+ (2cars). Mercedes and my E320 have " A Mind of its Own" !

Like a fine wine
By ecguy03 on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This car just keeps getting better and better each year. They've thought of everything in this model. It's sporty yet luxurious. It's very responsive, even at high speeds and the suspension feels very solid no matter what type of road you're on. The car is simply breathtaking to look at and the front end with the classic MB headlights - wow! I feel like a million bucks getting out of it each day. It's the most I've ever had driving!

Excellence??
By babypope on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

After 1900 miles on my new $60,000 vehicle, I' ve had to have the front end replaced due to failure in cross arms and bushings. I thought maybe I it was an unusual occurance. I'm now at 4800 miles and 45 days later. Oh I'm on my way back to the dealer with the same problem. I 'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem???

E500 Dream
By bailey on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Performance, especially acceleration is unmatched. Road noise almost non- existant. Interior controls are intuitive and properly placed. Styling continues to turn heads

E55
By kevin89 on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

ITS A NICE CAR!

benz
By danilo on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

its simply a benz

Early 2004 E320S4
By Phil Lefebvre on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We've had our new 2004 E320 4Matic Wagon for 2 weeks. It's early, but so far it's a gem. The new 4Matic systems seems very sophisticated. Three points of minor interest: the fuel milage seems not to be as good as the 2003, on ours, the compass isn't working right and the 3rd seat head room seems less than on the 2003 - a trade-off with aerodynamics, I'm sure. Nevertheless, the car feels solid and well planted on the road.