Used 2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Sporty and Luxury together
By Mid Life Christmas

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

So far, so good. I have most all of the available options. I am not disappointed. The car is fun to drive, excellent handling with luxurious interior.

Favorite Features

Voice Recognition integrated phone.

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice if one of the front seat storage compartments could provide a refrigeration feature to keep soda or bottled water in, similar to Lexus models.

Our New Wagon
By mbz guy

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The Car is great....with gas prices soaring near $3.00 per gallon, we traded in our Lincoln Navigator for a more fuel efficient family car. The kids love sitting in rear facing back seat and the car is fun to drive and beautiful to look at. With added 17 inch factory wheels, tinted windows and in brilliant silver, it is a head turner...especially at the gas station

Favorite Features

The Harmen Karden sound system is increadable and the seats are confortable.

Suggested Improvements

The A/C controls are a bit confusing and take some getting used to.

E320 Review
By Mattie Taylor

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd E320. I bought the first one to hit the dealers floor in Oct. 1993. Bought a 2000 in Oct. 1999 and now own a new 2004. I looked at other cars but have not yet found one that tops this model. The ladies that bought my 1994 and my 2000 are still enjoying the cars. Have a waiting list already of friends who want my 2004. Handles like a dream, makes perfect responses to driving emergencies, always feel very safe and under control. Great car.

Favorite Features

Very pleased with thenew cup holders, upfront space and easy to reach glove box,Also like the ease of the temperature controls and the one touch cruise control.

Suggested Improvements

A multiple CD loader on the dash would give more hours of listening without haveing to change. This is especially good on the highway.

You're The Top
By Len Lutt

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

As Cole Porter said, You're The Top. As a long time BMW and more recently Mercedes-Benz owner, I have to say this car is the Top. Since I purchased my E500 in December it's behavious has been impecable. Problems to date - none. This car replaced a 2000 E430 and totally out classes it in every way. It also blows away my most recent BMW 5 Series. No, it's not quite as agile as the 5, but I live in Florida now and the mountain roads I used to play on aare mostly a thing of the past. Frankly, the superior accomodations of the E more than make up for it. If you want a car that does everything right, then get this car. Remember - you get what you pay for!

Favorite Features

Styling, interior comfort, build quality.

Suggested Improvements

The controls for the drive dynamic seats are hard to see.

Almost two months in.....
By Golfdog1

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my 2004 E-320 almost two months and it is running fine. I didn't get the $2000 phone. The folks at RBM said that I should be ok using my cell phone because others have used theirs and had no problem. Just got back from Savannah and the ride was great! A couple of glitches (1 the feature to open all windows and moon roof at once dosen't allways work and 2) the passenger side mirror doesn't allways turn down to show the curb in reverse. No mechanical problems (knock on wood).

Favorite Features

Great solid feel and comfortable ride for four. The V-6 has quite a bit of power at the top end. I like this car!

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a couple of improvements on location of cruise control information (can't see beacuse of steering wheel).