2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
My E 500
By MatthewJohnson on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I just bought it--and love it.

2004 E500 AWD wagon
By Pavlin on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This AWD wagon is fantastic. The driver gets a choice of sporty or cushioned ride at the touch of a botton. And the V-8 engine delivers power when needed. The Nav system is also very useful. This is a definite upgrade to the 1999 E320 I used to drive and also loved. My only disappointment is the relatively low number of miles per gallon.

Exotic 4 Door
By Greek Boy on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

AWESOME car. This car pulls hard like my 2001 911 TT. Exotic performance that fits 5 people with luggage. Love this car since it looks like a regular MB to most people.

After a month
By J. Clark on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The car is well built with great safty features, great style, and great options (if you're willing to pay for them). The only problem I am having is with the braking system. Every time you let off the brakes a computer humming sound happens for a couple of seconds. Mercedes says that is normal. The problem is sometimes the humming is so bad that it rattles the dash. Will soon take in to service for a second time. I have noticed the computer system sometimes misreads but hopefully very minor and not too often. Other than that it is a great car.

Love in it!
By Love in it! on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I am loving it & it drives beautifully. The only thing they could improve is the COMMAND system, I think a touch screen would be a lot easier and safer.

One awesome car!!
By Roam on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have had BMW, Porsche, Lexus, and other Mercedes in the past. My E500 Sport is almost all those cars combined into one. It is sporty, comfortable, and classy. The power is simply smooth and strong. I love this Mercedes.

Great city & country sports car feel
By Fred Dorfman on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent ride, great handling, lots of room. We are waiting for our new leased one to arrive. It handles well, is demure, but can really handle speed and curves.

Great Car
By pgregory4 on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Wonderful to drive. Easy to park. Love the look of exterior and the interior cannot be beat.

7th MBZ and 4th E Class
By Larry in Los Angeles on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the 2003 E Class 4,000 miles ago. Came from a 2000 BMW 528i and 2002 Audi A4. The E is certainly NOT a BMW, but does not purport to be. It is quiet, very comfortable (a little too slushy, but not objectionable) and has all the necessary toys. So far, other than a very small rattle in the overhead lighting array, it is absolutely silent. Getting 27 MPG on the road to Palm Springs. The Audi was noisy and very rough riding (sport package with regular non-low profile tires). That's why I dumped the Audi after 9 months. It was a pleasure getting back to a truly luxurious and quiet automobile. Build quality is getting better and so are the interior materials.

E320
By cdj1942 on 12/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This was the best buying experience I've had in 45 years. The dealership was a pleasure to work with and made every effort to work with me. We traded in a 2002 BMW 525 because of the poor dealership and a lot of little annoying and missing features. The Mercedes E320 gave us all these little things we were disappointed about on the BMW at no extra charge. The Mercedes has an outstanding ride and handles as well as the BMW. We were also very disappointed in the new 2004 BMW 525 design. In conslusion, the E320 was a little higher priced, but, we didn't have to add anything. So, in the final analyis, it was not any higher priced. You get what you pay for.