2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Best Sedan Ever
By dantheman2 on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Buy it!! The car is beautiful and handles like a toy. It is very fun to drive.

My 2003 E320
By Jim - Hollywood, FL on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The ride and overall performance are excellent. Have had some problems with the stereo, they have a computer glitch that they are correcting, had to install a new system in my car. The dealership had been fantastic, go out of their way to accomodate you in every way they can.

Merc E500
By Tahojet on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Electronics need improvement, i.e. phone, nav system that was advertised but is now listed as "unavailable" Handling is great. Styling is great.

love this car
By rick l on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

my third MB and this one feels the best. Love the optional 17" wheels and looks of the appearance package. FUN to drive

Expected More
By Johnny Ca$h on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

The ride is much harsher than you would expect from a car with adjustable air suspension. The engine makes a lot of noise somewhat like a diesel.The engine should run smoother considering it has two spark plugs per cylinder.

MERCEDES E500
By KAREN on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

THIS IS ONE FINE AUTOMOBILE

A Mind of its Own
By X-TWA on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Was very excited for the new E320 to become available. That was the last excitement I experienced.First,imagine driving at around 10mph and having the transmission start fluctuating between 1st and 2nd gear causing the car to buck..service dept says that is normal ..second,imagine trying to simply accelerate slowly fwd after backing out of a parking space and there is delayed response and then the engine almost stalling....Service dept says this is normal..very disappointed with the entire Mercedes experience.Please get Volvo to bring back my S-70 "box" that I so loved for 8years+ (2cars). Mercedes and my E320 have " A Mind of its Own" !

Excellence??
By babypope on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

After 1900 miles on my new $60,000 vehicle, I' ve had to have the front end replaced due to failure in cross arms and bushings. I thought maybe I it was an unusual occurance. I'm now at 4800 miles and 45 days later. Oh I'm on my way back to the dealer with the same problem. I 'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem???

Like a fine wine
By ecguy03 on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This car just keeps getting better and better each year. They've thought of everything in this model. It's sporty yet luxurious. It's very responsive, even at high speeds and the suspension feels very solid no matter what type of road you're on. The car is simply breathtaking to look at and the front end with the classic MB headlights - wow! I feel like a million bucks getting out of it each day. It's the most I've ever had driving!

E500 Dream
By bailey on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Performance, especially acceleration is unmatched. Road noise almost non- existant. Interior controls are intuitive and properly placed. Styling continues to turn heads