Used 2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Great Wagon but the Transmission.
By hamil65

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this for my wife with only 20k 4-years ago and the car has been great except the transmission. The 722.6 transmission was problem in the older E320 and still is. The TCU connector seal failed which Mercedes had an updated part but then in leaked later on also. Read some forums and I'm not alone. Even the new 722.9 Transmissions are having issues. I have owned 4 Mercedes and all the transmissions have had issues.

Favorite Features

Love the ride, the style and interior layout. Great room for the dogs.

Suggested Improvements

TRANSMISSION!

Long rule the Sport-Lux Wagon
By MW

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is the ultimate family vehicle and we don't look for a second at suv's or hybrid vans or whatever. Practical, sporty, smooth, clean lines, great ergo, wow wow wow. Bought all the roof bling, rack, bike rack, cargo box from Mercedes-Benz

Favorite Features

Everything. This car is so together. The five of us jumped in the wagon and drove from Cincinnati to NYC at a spurs moment and the vehicle brought us there so refreshed. Had the in-laws visit and w/ rear fold-down seat all seven of us could ride in style to church. (Kids in back of course)

Suggested Improvements

Built-in USB ports would be nice for gadgets but then I have to remind myself that I'm driving a 6-year old car. Hard to fathom!!

WHY I PAID MORE
By MICHAEL M

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

OVER PRICED BUT WORTH THE MONEY. AS OWNER OF A BMW 5 SERIES, PLEASENTLY SUPRISED WITH THE HANDLING OF MY SPORTS MODEL E320.

Favorite Features

THE SUBLTLE ILLUMINATION OF THE GUAGES AND THE FACTORY AUDIO SYSTEM ARE SUPERB. THE VARIOUS SUSPENSION SETTINGS AVAILABLE IN THE SPORT OPTION ARE OUTSTANDING.

Suggested Improvements

THE KEYLESS GO OPTION IS A WASTE AS IT WORKS VERY INCONSITENTLY TO THE POINT WHERE YOU MUST HAVE THE KEY IN YOUR HAND FOR OPERATION. YOU MAY AS WELL JUST USE THE KEY.

Our New Wagon
By mbz guy

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The Car is great....with gas prices soaring near $3.00 per gallon, we traded in our Lincoln Navigator for a more fuel efficient family car. The kids love sitting in rear facing back seat and the car is fun to drive and beautiful to look at. With added 17 inch factory wheels, tinted windows and in brilliant silver, it is a head turner...especially at the gas station

Favorite Features

The Harmen Karden sound system is increadable and the seats are confortable.

Suggested Improvements

The A/C controls are a bit confusing and take some getting used to.

Disappointed
By EMD

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After driving a 2000 wagon for 4 years and loving it I ordered a "new" 2004 wagon only to find the interior passenger room much smaller,the second row of seats are not as roomy, knee room tighter,the headroom seems to be lower, the 3rd row jump seat lost 5 inches head room due to the spare under the seat. I did not accept the car. I have been driving a Mercedes for over 40 years.

Suggested Improvements

See the review