2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
great car, poorly built
By lnghrn17 on 11/06/04 09:23 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

love the ride, handling, features, styling, etc. this is my first european sedan-- friends warned me about quality problems but i bought it anyway because i really liked the overall vehicle ride and impression. however, its been recalled twice and the rocker arms need to be replaced. all this at 20,000 mi. mb needs to get its act together on build quality! if i were not now gunshy about quality/reliability, i d have almost nothing but good things to say. only complaints about performance and design are power/acceleration and the cupholders-- agree with other reviewers they are a little hokey.

E500
By Charlie2 on 08/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Excellant quality and workmanship

Better then a 5 Series
By digdigitial on 07/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

the car is probably the best car in the world. worth every dollar. if you want the best then you car is a Mercedes-Benz E class

Is this a LEMON?
By NomoreBenz on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After saving $63,000 and waiting 3 months for delivery, I'm not happy at all. At delivery, both seat backs was loose, AC auto makes loud noise in operation, engine noise is excessive, at low cruising car bucks and launches when accelerating, sun roof electronics are not functioning as designed, there is a shuttering sound coming from the out side of car at speeds over 60. All this and I only had the car 6 weeks! What happened to Quality insurance and delivery inspections. Im taking this car back to dealer calming I got a LEMON!!!!!

Beautiful Car!
By gurudev on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up my E320 4Matic a few days ago. My wife and I fell in love with the car when we first saw it at the dealership and we still feel the same after having gotten the car. It handles beautifully and the interior is really comfortable. The styling of the car still gives me goosebumps. Our dealer installed NAV system did not work right so the salesman came and picked up the car, took it to their repair deptt, fixed it and dropped the car off 2 hours later. MB service is terrific.

5,000 mile report
By GregS96 on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

So far this automobile is the finest I have ever owned. I had only one problem with the vehicle the first week I owned it: the Command unit (stereo/GPS/cell phone), blacked out on my while driving. The dealer picked up the vehicle and found a "software installation" problem. I haven't had a problem with the vehicle since. Even though this is the most expensive vehicle I have ever owned, by 20K (the last was a Vette), I really feel I got my moneys worth.

Better than the Volvo S80 AWD
By view on 04/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Everything. This car is so good it out performs my wifes 2004 Volvo S80 AWD by so much i dont even know how to tell you guys reading this. Buy this car you will not regret it in anyway.

E-320 4-matic
By K's E-320 on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent vehicle! Fund to drive. V6 engine is very powerful - impressive accelleration. Great gas mileage - 22 mpg commuting. Handling is remarkable - best I've ever driven. Sticks to any curve in the road. Sure-footed in snow - 4-matic really works! Huge trunk with well-designed storage. Very legible, easy to read gages and displays (including the radio).

MY NEW MERCEDES
By suznred on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I am very happy with my new E-320 4matic sedan. I love the premium features that I added to the car, but it would have been nice if more of these features were included in the base price. Adding the many extra options definitely increases the purchase price. However, considering the safety of this vehicle and the overall quality and my initial driving experience, I would highly rate this vehicle.

Awesome car!
By atkinsonkb1 on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is just a great car!