2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Never again!
By Eric G on 07/28/10 09:57 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

What a nightmare! It's just so much fun to drive a 6 year old Mercedes with only 52,000 miles that doesn't have an operational radio. There is a widely known issue with the radio with these vehicle (go ahead and Google 2004 e500 radio problems) yet no one at MB cares! The dealers won't go to battle for you even though they acknowledge it's a widely known issue. MB Customer Care? Well aren't they the most pompous and arrogant individuals on the planet. Go buy something else, there are far better luxury automobiles out there.

E500 - 5 yrs later - I'd buy another
By SB from GA on 02/08/09 17:37 PM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Bought the car new 5 years ago and now have 40k miles. Two minor problems fixed under warranty. What is amazing is the combination of performance, comfort and fuel economy. Highway is an easy 27mpg at 75 to 80 mph and yes, its the 500. Around town is 18mpg. So why the gas guzzler tax? Very comfortable and still looks virtually new. Main annoyance is noise from a pump for the brake system. Aside from that, quiet and dependable. Radio and in-dash CD player work and sound great, although the layout of the radio is a bit quirky at first.

Bad electrical system
By kmak on 07/11/08 14:03 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Great car fun to drive. Lots of electrical problems, can't remember how many times I have had the radio repaired or replaced, still not fixed. Don't waste your money on this one.

Excellent vehicle
By Marcus on 10/22/07 07:06 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have had this car for almost one year and have not had any problems with it. Great car, good power, fun to drive and definitely a head turner.

Nothing but good on this one
By Kris Keeney on 03/13/07 13:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have had nothing but good results with my 2004 E500. Acceleration is great. I have read some of the other entries here and feel for those who have had a different experience. Maybe it was luck, or whatever, but my E500 has been awesome. My lease is up soon and I am trying to decide what to do. I should buy this car, but am tempted to check out even more power. The acceleration is addictive. Make sure you obtain a radar detector. Such is the only reason I am not locked up.

E 500
By Brian on 07/07/06 22:02 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This is my 3rd E Class. I bought this car used with 21000 miles. It now has 25000 miles and the tires are completely shot. Car is too heavy for tires. I would advise everybody to not upgrade with the Continentals installed at factory. Possibly go for Michelin Pilots. Car consisently drifts to the right. Radio, GPS sometimes freezes. Sometimes engine very noisy but cannot hear inside car.Tend to hit the cruise control stalk by mistake sometimes. Car ejects gas hose aggressively when full resulting in spillage, paint damage, etc. I chose to forgive all of these flaws because of the superb transmission and tremedous power. Handling in the sport mode is awesome for a car of this size. Get the extended warranty.

Electrical nightmare
By Michael Drake on 01/05/06 19:58 PM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Car has been and electrical and mechanical nightmare. Dealer had car for almost 2 months trying to fix charging problem. Software upgrades and failures galore. The dealer has been fine, but the overall quaility is terrible. I have owned Mercedes for over 20 years, and this thing is a lemon.

Platinum Blue Beauty
By Chaslap on 06/22/05 14:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I attended an investment seminar held on the dealership's showroom floor with no intention of changing cars. It was love at first sight. Upon returning 2 days later, it was being delivered as I drove up. Had one trucked in for me. I have gotten many compliments on its appearance, and the ownership experience thus far has been positive. It has power far in excess of ordinary driving demands, but that reserve is there in case of an emergency. The service department has been very helpful when called upon. Had to replace a strut early on, and the Pirelli's (all 4) feathered around the tread edges creating road noise. Rotated right-left hoping that reversing the rotation will smooth out the feathering

Looks good but stays in the shop
By bbh on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

After 3 years of owning a C320 I decided to upgrade to a E500. My C320 visited the workshop more than any of my cars but I thought the new models might be better. Well within 24-hours of delivery the car was on a tow truck. The alternater had died within the 1st 100 miles of the car's life. The fact that the factory and dealer tests did not find the bad alternater scared the hell out of me. What can I expect from this car?

Love this car!
By Judy Spooner on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

We picked up our car in Germany and had a ball driving it on the autobaun. We did the Mercedes-Benz Black Forest trip which was excellent! Ride is great, trunk space is spacious, everyone loves the interior halo lights. Minor complaint is the light interior, that was the only choice at the time. All in all we get a lot of compliments on this car. Our previous car was a Jaguar XJ8 and it received a lot of compliments on looks, but this car gets a broader scope of compliments!

1 2 3 4 5 next »