Worst time for Mercedes?
By freddys555 on
2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)
I regret to say that this was the worst Mercedes I have ever owned. It seemed that something went wrong with it every other week. The digital read-outs on main display failed causing to lose the ability to use particular options, HVAC system completely failed and needed total replacement, window regulator failures, side mirror motor failures, seat heater failures, seat adjustment motor failure, trunk release failure, fluid leaks, engine mounts needed replacement (@ 60K miles!), and many more malfunctions. Despite this being Mercedes, nobody should be experiencing this many problems with a car costing this much. It is by far the worst car I have ever owned.
Favorite Features
V8 engine, suspension, interior comfort
Suggested Improvements
This was the 2nd Mercedes I bought. Regretfully, my experience with this model has discouraged me from ever buying another Mercedes product. I certainly hope the newer Mercedes models have improved, especially with their electronics.
By duel1013
on 02/26/14 19:48 PM (PST)

Absolutely agree in all accounts. It is the worst and most expensive vehicle I ever own. I was so proud to be able to purchase my first almost new Mercedes Benz. Then the issues start, suspension, AC, and others. Warranty covered most at first then when the warranty ran out, the problems continued. I too now am so displeased i will not purchase another Mercedes and will look to other luxury cars in the future. I have talked to other owners of this vehicle and they all feel the same. The German engineering was piss poor on this one for sure.