2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Review: Only a little nervous

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Review

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

E320 Sedan (3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Only a little nervous
By David on

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I rode in someone else's E500, and liked it, not thinking I could afford one. I found a used on by accident, and, after driving about four used ones, found one I liked. Got a good deal, and a good deal on my trade-in. So far, the only problems I've had have been two low-beams headlights going out, and not being able to replace them myself. The oil level tester told me it had excess oil in it recently, so I scheduled it for service 1,400 miles early, but I'd rather not take any chances, and they'll replace the headlights for me. Seems like it only requires maintenance once a year, and alternating years are major, and minor services, so, not too bad. Car feels very solid. I like it.

Classy looks, subtle, understated. Not overly impressed with itself. Dealer very knowledgeable, helpful, friendly. Very solid feel, fun to drive, great stereo. Heated seats great in winter, although I hope to move to southern California. Not sure how it will be in snow, but, ibid.

Maybe the reliability could be a little bit better. A couple of minor glitches sometimes, and reading some other reviews makes me a bit nervous, but, so far, pretty happy. Transmission bucks abit when cold, and air from air conditioner smells strongly of urine, when first started in hot weather.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review