2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews 8

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Great Ride
By pgregory4 on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

From the first day that I took delivery of my E500 I have had fun. The car is beautiful and driving experience is the best. The Germans really know how to build a great automobile.

Fun...but Merceces
By Cody Jackson on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Love this car overall but the E320 is still a Mercedes with quirks. Our third one so were used to it. Nothing serious. Things like occaisional electrical problems that magically fix themselves, undeterminable rattles, radio/CD/phone outage. None of these problems really take away from the enjoyment of driving the car. Hey, it's a MERCEDES!

Beware of the 1st year
By MB Guy on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

These cars look great and make a nice statement. But the quality is down from previous years. These cars used to drive like a tank but now they are more mainstream. This could be good for some folks but not for old MBZ people. My Lexus was superior in many ways when it came down to it. The service at Mercedes Benz is not as good as the service at Lexus.

Helpful info if you buy E500
By BobF on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I read Edmunds reviews before buying '03-E500 Sport Pkg. I have 825 miles on car & like many others right out of the box it pulled to the right.If u buy tell dealer to put eccentric bolt kit in ASAP. Car washes- sharks fin antenna WILL CATCH - $300 to rewire. The electric brake pedal seems over stated,really no big deal.OEM pads black dust bad. Forget the COMMAND & NAV systems. Side view mirrows mount location seems odd to see correctly. Need to cover door sills & install dead pedal. Cup holders are dumb. I waited for late production car to fore go the early electronic bugs.Can't tune radio pre- sets from steering wheel.Buying, go w/ E500 over 320.

Highly competent but uninvolved
By William Stivelman on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The E320 is wonderfully engineered. It almost drives itself. It drives more like a Lexus than a Benz of 15 years ago. I don't know if is good or bad. Certainly the driver is less involved, but handling and performance are clasic Benz, but more refined than before. This car says to the driver, "I can handle it." It isn't in the BMW tradition which says, "Push me to the limit," even though the Benz will deliver similar performance with a bit less flash.

Mercedes Benz: Number One
By steveen on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The Mercedes Benz E320, is by far one of the most fun, and one of the most neatest cars on the market. The exterior is beautiful, but I think tht the interior is what makes this car extra special. So clean and crisp!!!

Don't buy this car...!!
By fomopopo on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This was our first MB purchase, and our last. We have had every malfunction you can think of.. SOS, radio, tire presure, pulling to the right, and broken molding under front seat (check yours). I should have bought a Lexus. Don't walk away from this vehicle, run. We've had little help from the MB headquarters, and the dealership is overwhelmed with malfunctioning vehicles. Ours has been in the shop 5 times in the last 9 months.

Long Time M-B user
By JerryM2 on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Car steering is a bit lighter than what i'm used to in previous MB's. The 320 seems slightly underpowered, but not so much so as to make me want to spent the additional $'s for the 500. Superior Road Car - Can drive for days at high speed with no fatigue.

The MB E500 will take your breath away!
By SDinPA on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Wow, what a car. I finally took my E500 on a road trip (to Baltimore) and I've never arrived as rested and comfortable as I did in this marvel. The car's acceleration on the interstates is top-notch, no trouble passing with this car. Handling is flawless, the E is a true driving machine.

Marty's MB E320
By Marty Woolfson on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fifth MB and the most enjoyable of all models thant I have experienced. This E320provides a solid ride at high speeds in commuter traffic. I drive 160 miles per day in heavy traffic the the comfort of the MB is exceptional.