2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Great car
By AlexRazd on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

It is my third E-320, and every time it just keeps getting better. The new DVD-based navigation system has its flaws, and is not as accurate as in other cars I've driven, but it is at times a life saver :-) Overall a great car.

Wow...
By fightruc01 on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Along with the wonderful styling, the E500 is very powerful; the ride is so solid and satisfying. The breaks take getting used to, but after that you will like them. The only issue we've had is the trunk won't open sometimes, but other than that this car is a dream.

My first E class
By Rocco FC on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

One of the most comfortable Mercedes I have owned. As a shorter person in the past my SLK and CLK did not provide seating as comfortable as I would have liked. Some how the E class seating is very good for someone just over 5 feet tall. The engine is smooth and quiet and adequately powered. An interesting blend of conservative yet exciting styling.

This is my last Mercedes
By Mark B. on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

My Lexus sedans were boring and lacked excitement, but I never once experienced a problem with those cars. This E500 is beautiful, but I have spent weeks at the dealership. My problems center on the audio / computer system. The Logic 7 sound system is pathetic. My biggest concern is the defective SOS system that doesnÂ’t work. This is a life saving device and MUST work; I smell a class action lawsuit! The funniest part about this whole experience, is listening to the service manger complain about the amount of time his staff has spent. I paid $65k for this fine German automobile, and this car should be flawless.

2003 - Sport Pkg going strong
By MBOwner on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great car & a joy to drive short or long distance. Could use more HP, but then fuel milage would also suffer. Better milage, lower HP. I think 8's is a good number for this cars power. Perhaps quality has suffered a bit since the merge, but overall well engineered.

More Chrysler than Mercedes
By sabag on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Poor reliability especially electrical, small seat and bad seating position, num steering, so so handling in high speed, transition hesitate in lower speed, center consul is getting wider causing less leg room, too much computer, car feels heavy even with the big eight, sport package dosen't make any different, brake system, noisy windshield wipers .

All that glitters is not Gold
By Bar L on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Fell in love with it at dealership, all the cool features and gizmos. Worked for a while then I realized it was a lot of gadgetry, poorly thought out and designed for a good first impression. Than reality set it. Electronics worked about a month, then started going caput, one thing after another. Never even sure the radio will play till it does. Cheap plastic parts breaking etc.Not near the quality I expected and not near as reliable as or functional as my old99 Navigator or my wifes 03 Navigator. That is a real car! God help the person who gets it after the warranty expires!

power
By xjt on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

had the car for three months, drive is comfortable, but lacks acceleration. for $60000 they should add more power or drop the weight.

Great Ride
By pgregory4 on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

From the first day that I took delivery of my E500 I have had fun. The car is beautiful and driving experience is the best. The Germans really know how to build a great automobile.

Fun...but Merceces
By Cody Jackson on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Love this car overall but the E320 is still a Mercedes with quirks. Our third one so were used to it. Nothing serious. Things like occaisional electrical problems that magically fix themselves, undeterminable rattles, radio/CD/phone outage. None of these problems really take away from the enjoyment of driving the car. Hey, it's a MERCEDES!