2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews 7

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
very disappointed
By hatethecar on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Because if my work, I put alot of miles on a car and need reliability as well as comfort. The reliability factor is certainly present, however, the car's interior is very uncomfortable for anyone over 5'7". I feel like I'm in a tuna can. The seats are uncomfortable and the interior space is small and not well designed. I really dislike driving this car and hope to get rid of it as soon as possible. One other glaring mistake made by MB is the fact the the interior colors are so light it's impossible to maintain particularly the flooring area. RIDICULOUS!

Solid car after break-in gremlins
By RoninSanDiego on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

One of 1st 2003 E-320's delivered in my city, the car had electrical, computer/mechanical probs with climate control, airbags; rear window sunscreen. Engine computer problems. BUT -after the post-delivery gremlins were fixed, car has been reliable ever since. Great cruiser and easy to handle in stop-and-go traffic. 30 mpg on 400 mile trip- cruising 80+ mph. Overall,my E-320 is winning me back. Dealership is excellent.

Good car after kinks
By AtlantaLady on 02/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After the first 4000 miles, car seemed to have more power and was more fun to drive. You'll look good in it, because it has a beautiful body. I would have bought the highly rated BMW 5301 if the 2003 model looked better.

Great car
By AlexRazd on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

It is my third E-320, and every time it just keeps getting better. The new DVD-based navigation system has its flaws, and is not as accurate as in other cars I've driven, but it is at times a life saver :-) Overall a great car.

Wow...
By fightruc01 on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Along with the wonderful styling, the E500 is very powerful; the ride is so solid and satisfying. The breaks take getting used to, but after that you will like them. The only issue we've had is the trunk won't open sometimes, but other than that this car is a dream.

My first E class
By Rocco FC on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

One of the most comfortable Mercedes I have owned. As a shorter person in the past my SLK and CLK did not provide seating as comfortable as I would have liked. Some how the E class seating is very good for someone just over 5 feet tall. The engine is smooth and quiet and adequately powered. An interesting blend of conservative yet exciting styling.

This is my last Mercedes
By Mark B. on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

My Lexus sedans were boring and lacked excitement, but I never once experienced a problem with those cars. This E500 is beautiful, but I have spent weeks at the dealership. My problems center on the audio / computer system. The Logic 7 sound system is pathetic. My biggest concern is the defective SOS system that doesn’t work. This is a life saving device and MUST work; I smell a class action lawsuit! The funniest part about this whole experience, is listening to the service manger complain about the amount of time his staff has spent. I paid $65k for this fine German automobile, and this car should be flawless.

2003 - Sport Pkg going strong
By MBOwner on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great car & a joy to drive short or long distance. Could use more HP, but then fuel milage would also suffer. Better milage, lower HP. I think 8's is a good number for this cars power. Perhaps quality has suffered a bit since the merge, but overall well engineered.

More Chrysler than Mercedes
By sabag on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Poor reliability especially electrical, small seat and bad seating position, num steering, so so handling in high speed, transition hesitate in lower speed, center consul is getting wider causing less leg room, too much computer, car feels heavy even with the big eight, sport package dosen't make any different, brake system, noisy windshield wipers .

power
By xjt on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

had the car for three months, drive is comfortable, but lacks acceleration. for $60000 they should add more power or drop the weight.