2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
We're in love with this car!
By JohnCaron on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We love this car! This is just such a nice solid car on the road. The handling is superb - at any speed.. Very luxurious.

fuel injectors and pulling to right
By Dr. David on 04/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

My wife drives this car and seldom notices any variation in performance or handling of the vehicle. When I finally drove the car, i noticed rough idling and it pulled to the right. The net result was replacement of all the fuel injectors, injector rail, and spark plugs were replaced . A bolt kit and alignment took care of the pulling to the right. Thank goodness for warranty services.

Fun in my Benz
By cubie on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Car is great! Has great power, outstanding safety features, great styling

Will Never Buy MB Again! MB=German Lemon
By Eunice on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

First and last MB I will ever buy! Since I bought the car, I noticed that the car pulls hard to the right. It's like MB built the car crooked. What's even worse is that MB tried to make me pay for alignment!Service has been poor and 2nd rate compared to Infiniti & Lexus. Even after alignment, car still pulls to right. CD player failed 3 times, battery was replaced, left speaker fell off, gas mileage not as great as advertised, climate control failed. Car is too heavy for the engine especially when accelerating from a stop & transmission jerks when shifting from 1st to 2nd at slow traffic speeds. Amazing how a $60g engine is less refined than a $20g Honda.

My E500...one year later
By Texan Doug on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I've put 8,000 miles on my black E500. I enjoy the sporty feel of driving this car on the streets and freeways of Houston. The ride is very smooth, either at 25 or 125. Interior is plenty big for 4 large adults, and a little snug for 5. Trunk can hold 4 sets of golf clubs. Nice layout of the dash. The suspension is probably set one notch too tight...and sometimes rides more like a vette. Corners well and is remarkable in wet weather. CD player works great, but poor radio reception is due to a computer software bug which can be repaired at the dealer.

Front Legroom
By Ferraro300 on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The E320 is a well made and fun to drive car. It has more power than its E class predecessors, and the electronics are excellent

E-500
By Dr Tom on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

My E-500 has been in the shop 5 weeks out of the last 52 weeks for radio, telephone problems and to replace windshield and rear glass due to scratches at delivery. The shop then scratched the paint and it had to be repaired. I think they've finally solved the radio/telephone problems just last week. Otherwise, the performance of the engine and comfort ride are great.

very disappointed
By hatethecar on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Because if my work, I put alot of miles on a car and need reliability as well as comfort. The reliability factor is certainly present, however, the car's interior is very uncomfortable for anyone over 5'7". I feel like I'm in a tuna can. The seats are uncomfortable and the interior space is small and not well designed. I really dislike driving this car and hope to get rid of it as soon as possible. One other glaring mistake made by MB is the fact the the interior colors are so light it's impossible to maintain particularly the flooring area. RIDICULOUS!

Solid car after break-in gremlins
By RoninSanDiego on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

One of 1st 2003 E-320's delivered in my city, the car had electrical, computer/mechanical probs with climate control, airbags; rear window sunscreen. Engine computer problems. BUT -after the post-delivery gremlins were fixed, car has been reliable ever since. Great cruiser and easy to handle in stop-and-go traffic. 30 mpg on 400 mile trip- cruising 80+ mph. Overall,my E-320 is winning me back. Dealership is excellent.

Good car after kinks
By AtlantaLady on 02/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After the first 4000 miles, car seemed to have more power and was more fun to drive. You'll look good in it, because it has a beautiful body. I would have bought the highly rated BMW 5301 if the 2003 model looked better.