2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Proceed with caution
By good info. on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is a wonderful machine in terms of handling. It is eye pleasing and driving fatigue on long trips is zero. But, it is an electrical NIGHTMARE. Don't waste your money underwriting mercedez R&D. I know the company knows of the drastic electrical problems yet they keep offering the cars for sell without warning. This is not like the Mercedez of old. Hey...who owns this company these days...certainly not a company that cares about the consumer. In 16 months my car has been in the shop more than 10 times for major electrical problems. I think more consumers aren't complaining because they are embarassed to tell that a car with this reputation is soo poor.

5th and Best MB I've ever had
By Katcat on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I've had two other E's (good cars), an S500 (expensive junk), and an ML (less expensive junk), and my E500 is the best MB I've had yet. It has renewed my faith in this company. The sport pkg was worth it; the car handles like a dream. The Command system is intuitive - easy to use. MB customer service was exceptional in this case. My car was one of the 1st in 2002, and didn't have a nav, but I bought one to be installed when it was ready. The nav that was designed couldn't fit the configuration of my car (ridiculous design error), so guess what? MB gave me a brand new car with nav after 6 months of use!

what was i waiting for ?
By eric kelly on 06/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

i sold my zx9 sport bike,,no time to ride it with my real estate job,,police job,,and daddy job,,bought this for my wife as a gift for getting her doctoral degree,,what the hell was i waiting on,,this car has made me not want to get another bike,,i find my self going to look at it in the garage,,,yep just like the commerical,,,i leave the light on in the garage now and painted the floor grey,,to make the car comfortable,,,lol,,now i am looking foward to dressing her out,,18 inch rims,amg sports pkg,,,i dont car what it cost,,i must have it,,

We're in love with this car!
By JohnCaron on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We love this car! This is just such a nice solid car on the road. The handling is superb - at any speed.. Very luxurious.

fuel injectors and pulling to right
By Dr. David on 04/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

My wife drives this car and seldom notices any variation in performance or handling of the vehicle. When I finally drove the car, i noticed rough idling and it pulled to the right. The net result was replacement of all the fuel injectors, injector rail, and spark plugs were replaced . A bolt kit and alignment took care of the pulling to the right. Thank goodness for warranty services.

Fun in my Benz
By cubie on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Car is great! Has great power, outstanding safety features, great styling

Will Never Buy MB Again! MB=German Lemon
By Eunice on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

First and last MB I will ever buy! Since I bought the car, I noticed that the car pulls hard to the right. It's like MB built the car crooked. What's even worse is that MB tried to make me pay for alignment!Service has been poor and 2nd rate compared to Infiniti & Lexus. Even after alignment, car still pulls to right. CD player failed 3 times, battery was replaced, left speaker fell off, gas mileage not as great as advertised, climate control failed. Car is too heavy for the engine especially when accelerating from a stop & transmission jerks when shifting from 1st to 2nd at slow traffic speeds. Amazing how a $60g engine is less refined than a $20g Honda.

My E500...one year later
By Texan Doug on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I've put 8,000 miles on my black E500. I enjoy the sporty feel of driving this car on the streets and freeways of Houston. The ride is very smooth, either at 25 or 125. Interior is plenty big for 4 large adults, and a little snug for 5. Trunk can hold 4 sets of golf clubs. Nice layout of the dash. The suspension is probably set one notch too tight...and sometimes rides more like a vette. Corners well and is remarkable in wet weather. CD player works great, but poor radio reception is due to a computer software bug which can be repaired at the dealer.

Front Legroom
By Ferraro300 on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The E320 is a well made and fun to drive car. It has more power than its E class predecessors, and the electronics are excellent

E-500
By Dr Tom on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

My E-500 has been in the shop 5 weeks out of the last 52 weeks for radio, telephone problems and to replace windshield and rear glass due to scratches at delivery. The shop then scratched the paint and it had to be repaired. I think they've finally solved the radio/telephone problems just last week. Otherwise, the performance of the engine and comfort ride are great.