2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Electrical Nightmare
By Petersons on 12/02/06 14:29 PM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

We bought this certified pre-owned E500 2 months ago, and it has been in the shop 4 times for electrical error messages (SRS and SOS Disabled, electrical consumers switched off message, and more). Today my car caught on fire with me and my 2 children buckled in carseats in the backseat. The entire inside of the car filled with thick white smoke and smelled of burning. The electrical system fried, caught fire,and didn't allow me to open any doors to get my kids out. I ripped them out of their seats, fire trucks put out the fire, we are safe, but a total loss. After the key was taken out the clock and speedometer were spinning, radio blaring, windshield wipers squirting, everything...scary!!

Just for the record
By rqjwill on 11/27/06 22:14 PM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this car a year ago with 10K miles and have driven an additional 14K miles with a few minor issues, but overall this is a great car. This is our first Mercedes and we'd buy another without hesitation. In fact, I can't imagine owning anything else. The gas mileage is around 23mpg combined and 30 mpg highway. It's a pure pleasure to drive especially on busy city streets, where it brings a confidence and calm. Overall reliabitly is good as well. Can't wait to get an '07 or '08

It's OK
By Jim Pacquin on 11/13/06 18:06 PM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the car with 23000 miles (certified). The ride is good, and it drives well. The engine strains somewhat. A good road car.

My First Experience with M-B
By William on 08/26/06 05:23 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car with 32,000 miles on it, and have put about 9,000 on it since. Beautiful styling was the initial attraction. Overall pleased with ride and handling and fuel economy. Occasionally get over 30 mpg on highway trips. Transmission is unpredictably jerky at low speeds on occasion. Radio cuts off by itself, stays off for a few seconds, then comes back on in CD mode. Dealer not been able to fix. Brakes very touchy also. Overall impression is great design and engineering (except for the cupholders, what were they thinking?) but overall poor execution. We've been more pleased with the BMWs we've had. The M-B has fewer features and not near the quality of my daughter's 2006 Accord EX

Great Gas Mileage
By Starbow on 05/26/06 20:59 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Mercedes for its mileage - I continue to get up to 30.7 miles per gallon and I've owned the car for 3 years - it now has 27,000 miles on it. We recently took a driving vacation trip, starting I-66 W through the Blue Ridge then Great Spoky Mountains - Alex., VA to Sevierville,then Oak Ridge & Chantanooga, TN, then to Cherokee and Ashville, NC then back home to Upper Marlboro, MD via I-95 N. This car drove like a sports car around & over the mountains - huged the road, took curves, the exception-ally smooth & accurate breaking made this car an absolute joy to drive - my husband, who does not like my "soft" car (he wanted me to buy a BMW 530), would not let me at the wheel.

Mercedes scored another MB with me...
By Will on 03/18/06 20:25 PM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have to say my 3rd Mercedes and the best of all. I'm loving this car more every day, it has everything you could want from a luxury car and more. It safe, really safe, the brakes are "touchy" but emergency are very powerful, the 8 air bags, the seat belts tight in braking. Ok performance is good but could be better but for me is precise because I live in a mountanies island (Puerto Rico, it climbs hill without a problem, fuel economy is very good, ive known to get 450 miles on a tank and 32.0 mpg. Its comfortable, and stable ( if you buy sport package even better) it takes corners smothly. I just know I love going on long trips on the car, no pain anywhere, super comfy, buy it and you will like it

Excellent Car
By Kevin on 03/06/06 13:10 PM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I am loving this car more now than the day I bought it. I will probably keep this one until about 2010 or 2011 and then buy another one. Without a doubt, this is the best car I have ever owned.

Beautiful Car - Has Some Little "Issues"
By MnK on 11/09/05 10:19 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love my E320 - but it has been in the shop too many times for the same issues. First: the integrated telephone. Don't waste your money! I sound like I have my head in a bowl whenever I use it - and it took out my audio when they installed it. The dealership had the car for a total of approx. 6 wks to get it fixed. Recently brake light malfunction came on. Dealership tried to sell me brakes I didn't need. All that needed replaced was the sensor in the rear brake light. It took almost 2 weeks to get the sensor diagnosed and replaced. Other than that the car is fabulous. MB needs to get their service centers to solidly, accurately support their products.

No words can describe it!
By Bob on 09/01/05 14:59 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Mercedes out did themselves. This car is amazing. Everything a man needs and more. It has a smooth ride, but also very good stability. I recommend the sport package. It's an awesome car. The performance is good and so is its fuel economy. The front seats are extremely comfortable. The trunk is enormous. Its cabin is very quiet, and it is the safest car on the road. It's a tank. I love the rims of the sport package, and the braking is excellent. It has saved my life a few times.

Great car!
By rufino on 07/19/05 23:20 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

An extraordinary car! When I bought it, I knew it was a dream. It has great stability. The comfort is great. On the road, it's smooth and gets great mileage. The other day on a 2 hour trip, I got 410 miles on a tank with 28.5 mpg. I hadnt filled the tank in 1 week and 2 days. I love the sport package and the bi- xenon lights. Great everything! The trunk is enormous.