Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

E320
By Kevin Frabotta

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a well crafted vehicle. I love the acceleration, and handling. I have owned an older E class, and a 98 C class, and this is the best of the bunch.

Suggested Improvements

I would change the clock from a standard to a digital clock allowing more room for other gauges. In addition, there is a funny vibrating noise in the right front that I now find out is normal, as it is something with the braking vacuum system. It is a little anoying.

Dream Come True
By Gloria Hicks

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is the greatest Mercedes Benz I have ever owned. It is so smooth and quite, I can't hear the road. It is sleek and fun to drive. Great car. I have owned several of these cars, but this by far the best and very trouble free.

Favorite Features

Quite, and fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

How can this get any better.

Lots of annoying problems
By JeffV

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Winshield cracked at 10K miles don't know why? Hands free phone is bad for the person you are talking to. They can't here you and it is overpriced. Stereo system left speakers cut out occassionally.

Suggested Improvements

Improve phone,

E500 Rocks
By ldangelo

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

First time Mercedes owner and I love my E500. It's fully loaded. I was thinking of getting a Q45 or Jaguar S type R, I'm glad I didnt. As far as the the overall style it's sporty & youthful yet luxuriest & sophisticated all in one awesome package. As for the price it's hefty but damm I'm HAPPY. NO regrets.

Favorite Features

Dynamic seats hug & keep you in it while massaging you. Dual climate control I'm learning its a must to have for rear passengers comfort. HK sys is excellent,Panorama roof is awesome especially in Fl. Keyless Go no fidgeting for keys. Drive is excellent It's Power is on Demand.

Suggested Improvements

HK amp cutting out AC smelled like rotten eggs/mildew in AC sys. Gas & Brakes are touchy. One touch windows are a pain.Cruise stalk in the way & outdated style & function nav sys was suppose to be in this yrs. model & it never made it. Wont mind getting lost now.

Make sure you have a good mechanic
By lodenlee

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My car spent 21 days in the shop, before it had 2500 miles on it. The car pulled hard to the right, the front end was totally out of aligment! It then went back in because the passenger side would flood everytime it rained. Something was wrong with the dam around the sun roof, causing the dam, side airbag and footwell to need replacing. now i just received a recall on the steering bolt... yikes, so much for quality for your money. You might want to wait a year or two to purchase, so they can work the kinks out.

Favorite Features

The interior is luxurious.

Suggested Improvements

The thresholds should be plastic or metal, not fabric.. that area is a nightmare to keep clean, esp. with kids in and out.