2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2003 E-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Sort Reviews by

No BMW
By Adamcharles

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I own a E500 and it is not worth 60,000 dollars. The inside is cheap looking the braking it elctronic, the engine sounds like a civic and its handling is not the best. It is a nice looking car but I would not reccommend it. I have driven the 2003 540i 6-speed and man is that a nice car, its simple, fast, fun and with the new body work its still up there with the E in looks.

Favorite Features

rasing and lowering of car, sun roof,

Suggested Improvements

more elagant interior, simpler controls, true braking and steering, better engine, manual transmisson offered

Whatever the car is, need a MB
By drmcomtrue

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Interior is awesome; spacious, sophisticated; like the subtle steel lining the wood trim; Engine very Quiet; road noise very less in city; on expressway more than I expected; Acceleration decent; Gizmos galore; nice that it either lowers the seat or raises the steering wheel upon stopping the engine. Big trunk - could stuff the typical jack-ass-boss there comfortably - space under the rear seat nicely used. Cloth interior easy to get smudged. Premium sound system is awesome.Storage cute And adequate.Big glove compartment, the spacer makes it difficult for the rather huge manual(s) to stuff. Brake assist assists you more than expected leading to a bit of jerky stopping.

Favorite Features

The ambient lighting which can be on even while driving reminds me of a 5 star interior.

Suggested Improvements

Nice if rear has the same lines for the lights as the S Class. At around 55K on the road, I want less of the road noise. Could I just get the 17 inch. wheel as an option, not with all other stuff for a rather expensive sports package?

The Chrysler effect
By A concerned MB fan

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I ve been driving MB for more than 25 years, I cannot imagine myself driving another car. I became really concerned since the merger between MB and Chrysler. The interior design of the MB had been great throughout the years, but ever since the merger the interior design of the S class/2000, the C class 2002 and now the 2003 E class is disappointing, it looks like the design of the American car that I drive when I rent a car. I am not happy that the new trend of the MB/Chrysler corporation is towards building a cheaper MB, more plastic parts I think that such a trend will tarnish the name of the MB.

Favorite Features

Sport package

Suggested Improvements

For the E class, I think GPS should be standard. For the MB Germany: PLEASE STICK TO YOUR STANDARDS AND DON'T GET INFLUENCED BY THE AMERICAN STANDARDS IN CAR BUILDINGS, YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR EDGE.

My 2003 Merc
By Rajan

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Drives well, Brakes superiorly. Lacks a litle space in the back. Maybe another 2 to 3 inces of leg spaces would make it a true competitor to the S-Class.

Favorite Features

I love the interior.

Suggested Improvements

The 320 Engine seems a little nervous at times. Maybe it should have, along with the E500, be upgraded to a E340 to a 3.4 litre engine

What a GREAT car!!!!!!!
By Fun2Drive

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

OK, I'm going to say it right up front - This is my first luxury car and I WANT to like it, not pick it apart! And like it I do!! From the stylish looks, to the bells and whistles, to the high-tech brakes - - this is a nice, fun car to drive, and it turns plenty of heads! For the life of me, I can't figure out the 3.4 rating the other Reviewer gave it, unless he was just trying to make a statement. This is NOT a 3.4 car - it's a well-made, comfortable, quiet ride!

Favorite Features

Hard to say - I like it all.

Suggested Improvements

Probably the cup-holder. I'd hate to put a large 7-11 Slurpee in the shallow pop-up holder. But then, who buys a car based on the cup-holder (except maybe Mr. 3.4 ;-).

German Cars Not so Perfect
By Tonito

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The car has less than 2000 miles on it and has been in the shop TWICE already. The first time, they replaced a sensor to correct an idle problem. Within 48 hours, the "check engine" light came on and it went back to the shop. This time they kept it overnite, replaced another sensor and now I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Favorite Features

It's really fun to drive. Tremendous power and acceleration from a 6 cylinder engine. Even though it burns premium gas, it gave me 28 miles per gallon on a recent trip!

Suggested Improvements

The dashboard instrument cluster needs redesign. I'm still having trouble adapting to an ANALOG clock next to a message "board" inside a speedometer, next to a tachometer???? Weird unh......?

The big foreign conglamorate?
By azndude80

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Mercedes-Benz has always been a symbol of money, German pryde, and quality. However, I start to question this by the day. The new E500 has a decent engine, but I tought it shoudl be better. The inovative interior designs only leaves room for an error, especially the glove compartment. The breaks are little stiff. Evea Toyota Camry has smoother breaks and steering wheel. The exterior is gorgeous except the rims. It looks a tad tacky, which I loath in a Luxery Vehicle. Well at least my S500 is excellent. Tchhh, Mercedes look at what you have done. There was a technology bug with the SRS, could have been fatel if we weren't responsible.

Favorite Features

the lights and the panorama roof. Man no GPS, you've gots ta be kidden me.

Suggested Improvements

Make th einterior look better. Free up the options, especially with the Burl Walnot and Birds Eye Maple wood trim thing. Make the rims look moe elegant like the AMG rims but make them standard.

Quality of the Mercedes brand is gone...
By shaf

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Rear window fell into the door!!!! The plastic carriage had broken. Service advisor told me, since the cost of this item is handled by the outsourced manufacturer of the part and not Mercedes, Mercedes does not care and has not and will not address this issue. Customer headache is not sufficient reason to address this problem!!?? Check Engine Electronics light comes on for no apparent reason...call the MB service advisor, am told not to drive the car but that I cannot get a loaner car for 2 weeks....he was very helpful in suggesting that I rent a car in the meantime!!!!!!!says they have 150 loaner cars, all are out

Favorite Features

Design, exterior and interior

Suggested Improvements

Reliability, customer service

Lisa's E Class
By Lisa Brown

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The e class has plenty of room for me and my kids, very fun to drive and very stylish. Comes in great colors, I love the new design it takes away from the stuffy boxy look that the previous cars had.

Favorite Features

Tele-aid and the great stereo system it has

Forget the 5 series!
By parathios

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best e-class ever! I have been a BMW fanatic for the past 20 years but I just converted! This is a STAR from Stuttgart. Quality, design, comfort, driving dynamics better than the current 530i (that says a lot to people who know about beamers!), low road and tire noise & torgue.

Favorite Features

Finally a decent hands free integrated mobile phone with mics that work. panorama roof, wood with just the right amount of chrome, beautiful dimimng interior lights.

Suggested Improvements

Give as the 500 at the price of the 320! ( I know that they'll laugh at me ,but what the heck!)