Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

First 4 months
By mudbone

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The first 4 months I owned this vehicle was nothing but problems. Came home one night and the trunk had magically opened. The interior lights were flashing on and off, controls would not work. Dealer had it off and on for two weeks. Door lock is set to open only driver's side door. Sometimes it unlocks the one door - other times it unlocks all four. Tilt wheel sometimes works - sometimes doesn't. I have had it 7 months now. Appears the problems have been fixed. Waiting for something else to happen...

In the dash CD. Big improvement over my 2000 E320. Also like the interior dash...

Would like to see automatic window switch with an indentation so that you can see which window to open without looking. Like my Toyota...

Nightmare with E class
By Tell Truth

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Last Saturday I was driving it back home with my family in it. We were talking about weather to keep this car after warranty. Just when I was about to turn right to my home, I felt I lost control of the steering wheel. I pressed the brake as we were driving at a downhill and realized that the brake is not working. The car stopped at the curb. When I went to fix the car a guy waiting there told me same thing happened to him.

To bad you have to risk your life to enjoy the fun of driving it. What do you feel when you lose control of steering wheel and brake while driving?

Great Performance with fair reliability
By markeg

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

The E500 is a dream to drive. The HarmonKardon stereo was impressive until my stereo system failed. It appears that there is a bug in the "communications gateway" and it will need to be replaced. This is a known issue (see other reviews) and requires a day in service. Besides a cracked glove compartment button, I have no other complaints.

Panoramic Sunroof (the openess of the convertible without the hassles). The V8 . The sleek sytling.

Limited leg room. No upgrade path to gps system and hard to keep clean.

Should have bought the BMW
By buck

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Profoundly dissappointed.Worst auotmotive purchase of my life.Wind noise so loud that normal conversation is not possible. No dealership support (in fact they made the car worse) no manufacturer support. 38 days in shop in 120 days of ownership, still not fixed. Unbelievable list of problems. It's not a wonder Lexus is eating MBZ alive!

Pretty but hard to love due to the lack of quality.

Don't make the corner cutting so obvious to those of us who have spent tens of thousands of dollars for this high priced junk.

Wonderful car
By Lucille

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Love my Benz!!!!!! it's comfortable! Very dependable! There is nothing that I don't like! I have owned MB's for 4 years.

• SUV