Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 216 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Always Will
By khanbaba

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 2003 E320 with 35,000 in August 2007.
Also bought an extended warranty through Mercury Insurance out of Oklahoma City for up to 5 additional years or 100,000 miles for $3,000.
The warranty paid off.
Parkplace Motorcars in Dallas maitained it and I never had to spend any money on it for 5 years other than normal wear and tear.
Its been a great car and now has 101,000 miles.
Ready to put new Michelin tires now.
I intend to keep it unless someone who appreciate a well maintained/documents car and offers me what I can't refuse.
My wife drives it like her own baby.

Ride, Comfort, Reliability, Braking, Ease of Working on the Engine, Accelaration, and no road noise with Michelin tires.

The sun visor could have made to function better. Also, could have used less plastic in the interior.

one year into owning...never again
By damnnn

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Bought mine with miliage 90k, car was 7 years old. I enjoyed it for a few months, and then prolems started to appear. First, transmission started to give me headache, and a month later it completely broke, next: radiator, pheumatic pump, sensors. all together about 6,000 in repairs...a little costly for one year into ownership... Although beautfull and fun to drive but (only in a straight, about 150). At the conclusion, my lesson learned, for germans "only lease"!!!!

power, big torque, comfort, contols, feeling of being in the spaceship

reliability and cost efficiency for used cars

L e m o n !!!!
By e320mb

Boy, did I get a lemon!
I have had the car for almost 5 years now, bought it used at 3 years and have spent thousands of dollars to keep it on the road.
In the last 6 months, I have only driven 3,000 kms due to not trusting its reliability and now when it needs it's snowtires off, the repairs of $2,880 shocks me yet again.
Every time I take it for service it costs me thousands.
Will be dumping it for something reliable = perhaps a Toyota - anything has got to be better than this.
Talk about mis-advertising because this baby sure does not prove German engineering.
Must have been a Monday or Friday car or when MB was associated with Chrysler, used Chrysler parts and charged MB prices.

Smooth quiet ride.

Use parts made from something other than plastic and warranty your cars to represent the price you charge.

Fun to drive
By koolcar

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought 2003 MB E320. Though my car is 7 years old, but it looks like brand new from inside and outside.
E320 is very roomy, very reliable, very smooth in driving. My wife and kids love this car.
This car is very reliable, fun to drive. I can expect that .5%
cars might have issues with electronics etc. This is normal. No car can be 100% perfect.

Luxury and smooth drive.

- Trim mechanics need improvement. - Cup holder does not meet North American style. It should be non mechanics.

Great car but not cheap to own
By RDV

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought her new in Oct 02. Still drives great, interior holding up well. Handling is a little mushy for my taste. Trans occasionally hunts for right gear but otherwise smooth. BEWARE-repairs are pricey. Just fixing a rattling heat shield was $250. I use an independent, Benz-only shop and it's still expensive to maintain. Had to replace heater valve last winter - $500. All in all, love the E class (evidenced by my decision to buy a new 2011 E350) but she definitely ain't cheap to own and operate. I'd be very careful if buying a used one.

Heated seats and steering wheel. Generous interior size. Decent fuel economy for size. Build quality excellent. Valets still park it out front.

Pre-iPod Benz audio systems are generally weak and this one is no exception. Floaty handling at high speeds. Trans shifts a bit lazy. Maintenance costs that can bankrupt a small country.