2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
The Chrysler effect
By A concerned MB fan on 01/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I ve been driving MB for more than 25 years, I cannot imagine myself driving another car. I became really concerned since the merger between MB and Chrysler. The interior design of the MB had been great throughout the years, but ever since the merger the interior design of the S class/2000, the C class 2002 and now the 2003 E class is disappointing, it looks like the design of the American car that I drive when I rent a car. I am not happy that the new trend of the MB/Chrysler corporation is towards building a cheaper MB, more plastic parts I think that such a trend will tarnish the name of the MB.

My 2003 Merc
By Rajan on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Drives well, Brakes superiorly. Lacks a litle space in the back. Maybe another 2 to 3 inces of leg spaces would make it a true competitor to the S-Class.

What a GREAT car!!!!!!!
By Fun2Drive on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

OK, I'm going to say it right up front - This is my first luxury car and I WANT to like it, not pick it apart! And like it I do!! From the stylish looks, to the bells and whistles, to the high-tech brakes - - this is a nice, fun car to drive, and it turns plenty of heads! For the life of me, I can't figure out the 3.4 rating the other Reviewer gave it, unless he was just trying to make a statement. This is NOT a 3.4 car - it's a well-made, comfortable, quiet ride!

German Cars Not so Perfect
By Tonito on 12/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The car has less than 2000 miles on it and has been in the shop TWICE already. The first time, they replaced a sensor to correct an idle problem. Within 48 hours, the "check engine" light came on and it went back to the shop. This time they kept it overnite, replaced another sensor and now I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

The big foreign conglamorate?
By azndude80 on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Mercedes-Benz has always been a symbol of money, German pryde, and quality. However, I start to question this by the day. The new E500 has a decent engine, but I tought it shoudl be better. The inovative interior designs only leaves room for an error, especially the glove compartment. The breaks are little stiff. Evea Toyota Camry has smoother breaks and steering wheel. The exterior is gorgeous except the rims. It looks a tad tacky, which I loath in a Luxery Vehicle. Well at least my S500 is excellent. Tchhh, Mercedes look at what you have done. There was a technology bug with the SRS, could have been fatel if we weren't responsible.

Lisa's E Class
By Lisa Brown on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The e class has plenty of room for me and my kids, very fun to drive and very stylish. Comes in great colors, I love the new design it takes away from the stuffy boxy look that the previous cars had.

Forget the 5 series!
By parathios on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best e-class ever! I have been a BMW fanatic for the past 20 years but I just converted! This is a STAR from Stuttgart. Quality, design, comfort, driving dynamics better than the current 530i (that says a lot to people who know about beamers!), low road and tire noise & torgue.

The best car I've ever owned!
By Scott Hall on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I've had this car for just a few weeks now, and every time I drive it it gets better. I had a CLK 430 before this, and the ride is softer, the acceleration and handling better, and the build quality superior to that one. I looked at the Lexus GS430, the BMW 5-series and this and the MB wins hands down. The stereo is awesome and the seats are comfortable yet sporty. Nothing to complain about - just a blast to drive!!!

Best E class ever!
By benzman on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Just upgraded from 2000 e320 to 2003 e500, very pleased ,magnificient power.This is a keeper.

Best Buy
By The Bear on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Just upgrade from clk to the eclass. They did a great job with this e. The car is very comftorable. The redisgned interior is unbelievable as well as the exterior. It also moves for a 222hp V6. If you are thinking about purchasing it all I can say is go for it. Black and charcoal is the best combination for this car. There is alot of chrome on the interior and exterior.