Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

In the MB Tradition
By VA1

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third MB and has been the best thus far. I previously had a 97 C280 and 2001 C320, which I traded after experiencing the first year design problems for 3 years. I was reluctant to buy another MB, especially a new model year; however after test driving this car, I could not resist. I purchased the car used (40 miles) and currently have over 8000 miles on the car and haven't had one complaint. This car has restored my faith in MB.

Dashboard design, radio/cd/center panel desing.

I can't complain; but if I had any suggestion, it would be for more horsepower. I opted against the E500 because of the 8cyl; but wouldn't mind having a 6cyl with 250 horsepower.

Danger New Brakes
By James Powell

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

MB has brake problems and cannot stop but does not want to admit for fear of recall and bad press. Settling claims for bad brakes. Great engine, poor suspension as the air goes out and the car literally rests on tires. Mercedes acting like General Motors in letting first year models be the quality mules. Buy an S without these bad brakes. It is cheaper for them but is your life worth it?

Glass Roof

Better Brakes Better Service Better EMF protection in electricl circuits Better Leather that feels and smells real Suspension that does not deflate Paint that keeps luster.

Fun, but
By john A.

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed driving this car except for the electronics. Initially, I couldn't even set my clock. The electronics were changed, but now I get lots of false malfunction indicators. My dealer is terrible so next time my $60,000 goes to BMW or Lexus. For the money, I should have more horse power.

It does provide a solid ride.

Much improved electronics and more horse power. This needs to jump from 302hp to 350 or so. Too much gap between this and the E55.

So far, so great
By Bsn 1

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Have had this car for only 3k miles, but it is truly a joy to drive. I have encountered none of the computer/electrical problems-but it's still early. Interior fit and finish is remarkable and upgraded wood grained steering wheel really dresses up the look. Drove 700 miles straight and instead of feeling like a whipped puppy, I played 9 holes of golf when I arrived!

Cabin look, ride ,seats ,H-K stereo,

Even 50 more HP would be better. Wood grained steering wheel should be standard on a car of this price.

perfect
By d knight

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

simply mercedes, a driving machine. of all the cars I have owned, 22 in my life, this automobile is by far the best and most fun to drive. The smoothness of the ride is impeccable. The horsepower, demanding. I have accidently had the car up to 110mph and it felt like I was going 55!!