2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
First Mercedes (and won't be my last)
By Mountainman on 06/01/09 22:15 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I test drove a new one in 2001 and came away impressed but plumped for a (cheaper) Volvo Cross Country (since sold) instead. In the summer of 2008 I began searching for a clean used 2001-2003 E320 wagon I could park at our vacation home. Eventually I found a pre-CPO car in the rare Pewter/Oyster combination (only available in 2003) which I wasn't entirely sure about at first but have since grown to love. I have now owned the car for 9 months and I'm very satisfied with my purchase and should I ever decide to sell I expect to recoup most of my (not considerable) outlay for this unexpected headturner.

Build to last
By Kostas on 07/25/06 20:55 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

A real solid car. Extremely reliable, I've put 48,000 in 2 years and the only thing I am doing is the scheduled maintenace, and changed tires once. I will keep untill it falls apart.

Strong, Confident, and Safe Automobile
By Mercedes Customer on 08/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I ambsolutely love my 2003 Mercedes- Benz E-320. Its fun with an amazing amount reliability and poise. With it confident stride and control, it most definatley deserves at the least a test-drive.

All that glitters is not Gold
By Bar L on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Fell in love with it at dealership, all the cool features and gizmos. Worked for a while then I realized it was a lot of gadgetry, poorly thought out and designed for a good first impression. Than reality set it. Electronics worked about a month, then started going caput, one thing after another. Never even sure the radio will play till it does. Cheap plastic parts breaking etc.Not near the quality I expected and not near as reliable as or functional as my old99 Navigator or my wifes 03 Navigator. That is a real car! God help the person who gets it after the warranty expires!

Love that car
By irab on 10/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Much better ride comfort than E2002 320 . Much more civilized than 2002 E320: "constant" setting for exterior lights let's you set it and forget it, including DRL's; let's you know CRUISE control is on and what setting; CD changer in dash rather than in trunk with single CD option. However complexity of function may lead to false indicators of malfunctions.

Worth It
By edsoriano1 on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I'm in Southern California. The 2003 Mercedes E320 is a pleasure to drive. It's the best car I've ever driven. It handles well on curvy mountain roads (Angeles Forest Hwy). It feels heavy yet agile and solid. You actually look forward to driving while enjoying the awesome Harmon Kardon sound system. I have 5,122 miles on it now and no malfunctions/problems whatsoever. Brakes are hydro-electronic so it takes some getting used to when slowing to a complete stop. Smooth V6. 28 MPG on hwy. 19 city. Steering communicates road feel and conditions with tight turn radius. Seats are comfortable. I would recommend it to anyone.

E320 is awsome
By mzahraee on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Ihave had nothing but good experience with this vehicle. It has the smotthes ride I have seen in this class. Interior design is excellent.

review
By matt Morley on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Vey nice, I love this vehicle I bought it used but it wasnt that old only like 350 miles on it so it was like brand new. My family loves it also.

Don't buy early production cars
By David F on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My last car was a BMW 5 series. After seeing pictures of the new 5, I decided to get the E class. The handling is better than I expected but still not as good as the bimmer. I did get an early production car that was full of little nagging problem, squeaks, radio that stops working intermittenly, heated steering wheel that only works a few minutes. Finally the Navi that was supposed to be retrofitted in March could not be done at all. A blessing in disguise because I did get a *new* replacement car with the Command system. The new car with the exception of misaligned Xenon lights has been much, much better than the old car.

A FINE AUTOMOBILE
By SIREN on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven MBs since 1967. Every new model is better than the previous one. This is our sixth wagon. It is practical, economical to operate, and one of the most enjoyable cars I have driven. Have a E500 wagon on order.