Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

First Mercedes (and won't be my last)
By Mountainman

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I test drove a new one in 2001 and came away impressed but plumped for a (cheaper) Volvo Cross Country (since sold) instead. In the summer of 2008 I began searching for a clean used 2001-2003 E320 wagon I could park at our vacation home. Eventually I found a pre-CPO car in the rare Pewter/Oyster combination (only available in 2003) which I wasn't entirely sure about at first but have since grown to love. I have now owned the car for 9 months and I'm very satisfied with my purchase and should I ever decide to sell I expect to recoup most of my (not considerable) outlay for this unexpected headturner.

Elegant and timeless styling inside and out. 3rd row seat. Room and comfort. Fuel economy and extended service intervals. Trip computer. Power seats and steering column. Auto wipers and HID lights.

Less coarse sounding engine. Less wooden chassis.

Build to last
By Kostas

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

A real solid car. Extremely reliable, I've put 48,000 in 2 years and the only thing I am doing is the scheduled maintenace, and changed tires once. I will keep untill it falls apart.

Brakes. Steering, lights, interior. Build quality.

Strong, Confident, and Safe Automobile
By Mercedes Customer

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I ambsolutely love my 2003 Mercedes- Benz E-320. Its fun with an amazing amount reliability and poise. With it confident stride and control, it most definatley deserves at the least a test-drive.

Standard 10 Speaker Harman Kardon Sound System, Standard 10 Airbag Safety System, Optional Intuitive Adaptive Cruise Control System, Fun Optional Dual Control Active Suspension System (I especially like being able to lower my vehicle and take corners like a sports car)

Odd Combination of Lighting for Instrument Cluster and Function Controls.

All that glitters is not Gold
By Bar L

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Fell in love with it at dealership, all the cool features and gizmos. Worked for a while then I realized it was a lot of gadgetry, poorly thought out and designed for a good first impression. Than reality set it. Electronics worked about a month, then started going caput, one thing after another. Never even sure the radio will play till it does. Cheap plastic parts breaking etc.Not near the quality I expected and not near as reliable as or functional as my old99 Navigator or my wifes 03 Navigator. That is a real car! God help the person who gets it after the warranty expires!

Looks and rides nice.

For heaven's sake get a new plastic supplier that can harden the stuff and take the computers out if you can't make them work! Wish I had bought an Aviator or LS.

Love that car
By irab

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Much better ride comfort than E2002 320 . Much more civilized than 2002 E320: "constant" setting for exterior lights let's you set it and forget it, including DRL's; let's you know CRUISE control is on and what setting; CD changer in dash rather than in trunk with single CD option. However complexity of function may lead to false indicators of malfunctions.

In dash CD; lighting is set it and forget it; driving comfort witrh standard seats.

Compass in rear-view mirror