Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 128 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

E320 Review
By William Fellner

Olden, but Golden - Bought it with 156,000 Miles
By MAZ

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this used in October 2014. Only thing I have done to it is oil change, Gas to ac unit and it has been running great.

Yes maintenance is higher than other cars, but other cars don't compare.

Do your own research, but I used to have a 1990 420 SEL back in 1998, and it had over 100,000 miles on it. Loved it until I sold it.

These cars are great, luxury wise and ride wise. Creature comforts. I can go on..I have 162,000 miles on my E-Class now.

11 year old E320 Avantguarde
By crclark

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car from a dealer that had it sitting for 4 years. It had a few minor problems that I have repaired myself. This car is the family favorite by far, its very fun to drive. We just took a 2000 mile round trip at 75-80 MPH and got 30 MPG !!!. I have never ridden or driven a vehicle that rides or handles like this car. My wife LOVES this car. The problems we've had are minor and easily repaired by myself and the prices for parts are not any different than my Ford diesel truck or my Jeep. Just shop around, google is your friend.

Ride Quality Engineering comfort safety breaks way ahead of the safety / technology curve. My 2003 E320 Avantguarde has features that haven't come on other vehicles till recently. Fuel economy at 80 MPH, (yes the speed limit in my state is 80 MPH in places. Handling Looks

none

Always Will
By khanbaba

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 2003 E320 with 35,000 in August 2007.
Also bought an extended warranty through Mercury Insurance out of Oklahoma City for up to 5 additional years or 100,000 miles for $3,000.
The warranty paid off.
Parkplace Motorcars in Dallas maitained it and I never had to spend any money on it for 5 years other than normal wear and tear.
Its been a great car and now has 101,000 miles.
Ready to put new Michelin tires now.
I intend to keep it unless someone who appreciate a well maintained/documents car and offers me what I can't refuse.
My wife drives it like her own baby.

Ride, Comfort, Reliability, Braking, Ease of Working on the Engine, Accelaration, and no road noise with Michelin tires.

The sun visor could have made to function better. Also, could have used less plastic in the interior.

L e m o n !!!!
By e320mb

Boy, did I get a lemon!
I have had the car for almost 5 years now, bought it used at 3 years and have spent thousands of dollars to keep it on the road.
In the last 6 months, I have only driven 3,000 kms due to not trusting its reliability and now when it needs it's snowtires off, the repairs of $2,880 shocks me yet again.
Every time I take it for service it costs me thousands.
Will be dumping it for something reliable = perhaps a Toyota - anything has got to be better than this.
Talk about mis-advertising because this baby sure does not prove German engineering.
Must have been a Monday or Friday car or when MB was associated with Chrysler, used Chrysler parts and charged MB prices.

Smooth quiet ride.

Use parts made from something other than plastic and warranty your cars to represent the price you charge.