Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Most Helpful|
3 years later
By Tony

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I reviewed this model favorably when I first purchased used in 2006. Now, it is a different story. Repairs are extremely expensive and many can only be done at a dealer. Yesterday, the car left me stranded for the second time in 2 years. Again, an excellent independent shop is not equipped to handle. Another fuel injector type of problem. I have owned BMW's, Infinity, and Jag's in the past so I'm used to expensive repairs. But this car has been babied and just turned 70K miles, too young for these types of problems. Buy only if still under manufacturer warranty. Otherwise, avoid all German sedans and buy an Infiniti. Sure, the style/status is not the same, but an Infinity IS dependable

Favorite Features

nice interior

Suggested Improvements

cup holders, as with all German cars, are a joke. Mechanicals need quality improvement. If Japan can do it, why not the Germans. Forget GPS, MP#, and all the rest of this junk and shore up the basic mechanicals.

L e m o n !!!!
By e320mb

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Boy, did I get a lemon! I have had the car for almost 5 years now, bought it used at 3 years and have spent thousands of dollars to keep it on the road. In the last 6 months, I have only driven 3,000 kms due to not trusting its reliability and now when it needs it's snowtires off, the repairs of $2,880 shocks me yet again. Every time I take it for service it costs me thousands. Will be dumping it for something reliable = perhaps a Toyota - anything has got to be better than this. Talk about mis-advertising because this baby sure does not prove German engineering. Must have been a Monday or Friday car or when MB was associated with Chrysler, used Chrysler parts and charged MB prices.

Favorite Features

Smooth quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

Use parts made from something other than plastic and warranty your cars to represent the price you charge.

Always Will
By khanbaba

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 2003 E320 with 35,000 in August 2007. Also bought an extended warranty through Mercury Insurance out of Oklahoma City for up to 5 additional years or 100,000 miles for $3,000. The warranty paid off. Parkplace Motorcars in Dallas maitained it and I never had to spend any money on it for 5 years other than normal wear and tear. Its been a great car and now has 101,000 miles. Ready to put new Michelin tires now. I intend to keep it unless someone who appreciate a well maintained/documents car and offers me what I can't refuse. My wife drives it like her own baby.

Favorite Features

Ride, Comfort, Reliability, Braking, Ease of Working on the Engine, Accelaration, and no road noise with Michelin tires.

Suggested Improvements

The sun visor could have made to function better. Also, could have used less plastic in the interior.

Fun to drive
By koolcar

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought 2003 MB E320. Though my car is 7 years old, but it looks like brand new from inside and outside. E320 is very roomy, very reliable, very smooth in driving. My wife and kids love this car. This car is very reliable, fun to drive. I can expect that .5% cars might have issues with electronics etc. This is normal. No car can be 100% perfect.

Favorite Features

Luxury and smooth drive.

Suggested Improvements

- Trim mechanics need improvement. - Cup holder does not meet North American style. It should be non mechanics.

11 year old E320 Avantguarde
By crclark

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car from a dealer that had it sitting for 4 years. It had a few minor problems that I have repaired myself. This car is the family favorite by far, its very fun to drive. We just took a 2000 mile round trip at 75-80 MPH and got 30 MPG !!!. I have never ridden or driven a vehicle that rides or handles like this car. My wife LOVES this car. The problems we've had are minor and easily repaired by myself and the prices for parts are not any different than my Ford diesel truck or my Jeep. Just shop around, google is your friend.

Favorite Features

Ride Quality Engineering comfort safety breaks way ahead of the safety / technology curve. My 2003 E320 Avantguarde has features that haven't come on other vehicles till recently. Fuel economy at 80 MPH, (yes the speed limit in my state is 80 MPH in places. Handling Looks

Suggested Improvements

none