2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG - Consumer Reviews

E55 AMG 5.5L V8 Supercharger 5-speed Automatic - (17 reviews )
Not for the faint of heart
By Rob on 10/28/06 18:11 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

By far the best vehicle I've ever owned. I traded in a 1999 E430 for this car, and she was certainly worth it. The acceleration of this velicle is unbelievable. My wife hates to ride with me, especially if we're merging unto the interstate (prime opportunity to to show off). I would only recommend this car to those whom a doctor has certified as healthy.

E55 Review
By MP on 10/08/06 17:34 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

One of the most versatile vehicles I have ever owned. One day it's a road warrior with incredible performance. The next day it's a family vehicle that seats 5 comfortably.

Near perfection
By Bob Corder on 04/13/05 20:46 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Having this much torque & horsepower makes it almost too easy to drive. Unbelievable acceleration --- from standing start or passing at speed --- just punch it and hold on. Traded a 2003 SL500 to get AMG engine, 5 passenger seating and a really nice trunk. I preferred the SL500 suspension and quicker steering but the E55 engine & transmission make this a preferable choice. This is a stealthy car. Not too many realize what a beast it is. It lives up to the advertising. Not one problem to report at 12,000+ miles. There was one recall for brakes and one fix for suspension --- car pulled to the right. An article in Star magazine pointed out this problem which was fixed under warranty.

Runs Like an Olympian
By Javierdpm on 09/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Fantastic car. My first MB experience and quite good. I'm getting a new one later this year. Same performance as an SL55 with room for 5. Prefer Panorama Roof to an all out convertible.

fastest 4 door sedan
By LouM on 08/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

It certainly is the most powerful auto I have owned, faster than my 1990 ZR-1 and 1967 Shelby GT500. It is comfortable and quiet. I have obtained 22.5 mpg on the highway but it does enjoy a drink in town and will do about 13.5 mpg. I wish the navigation system were more like my Lexus SC430'swhich is very easy to use. Guess I just have to accept that it is "German".

MB BEAST
By mb-beast on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Perfection with exception of missing cassette tape player. Much more than I expected and more than I deserve. Wonderful.

Perfection with four doors
By jshoes on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

The first time you dip your toe into the accelerator on this E55, you know you made the right choice. The engine howls and, if there is sufficient traction available, the car rockets forward. Leather quality is supreme. This is my third E55 and exceeds my expectations. I also drive an SL55 and the E55 feels tighter and a better handler.

The Perfect Car
By Juggluv on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This car is indeed perfect, or at least nearly so, however I have yet to find a flaw. The car is the best all around car, and has the power to beat just about every car on the road, with the exception to a corvette or somehting of an equivelent class. The E-55 AMG is incredibly fast, all the while having a 1st class interior, althouth I would prefer burl walnut trim over the black birds eye maple trim but other than that it is perfect.

Best E-55 Yet
By Don Honeywell on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Wonderful car to drive anywhere. Very quick and fast when necessary. The car will adapt to anyone's style or need. Fantastic reliablity and build quality. This car was very much worth the long wait. Mercedes finally put a set of attractive wheels on an AMG.

The Best in Class
By Kendall_160 on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

AN excellent and classy car. I must say IF I lost to an Audi A6 in a quarter- mile w. a supercharged 469 and a car that can go toe-to-toe w. Z-06 in the 0- 60 w. enouff back space to put a family in. Then, it wouldn't be the car would it? Its obviously the driver. Kinda like saying a Porsche GT2 losing to a Mustang - It aint't the car, Bub. Yes, its ALL YOU!