2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class 3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 2002 Mercedes E 320 w/Elegance

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Review

2002 Mercedes E 320 w/Elegance Package
By Pete on

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My first ever Mercedes. I am more than pleased with the car. I would caution buyers who are looking at buying a higher mileage car to take the car in for a transmission oil and filter change. Mercedes says it isn't needed, but mine did. Be sure to only use Mercedes-Benz transmission fluid. Older Mercedes cars are good cars for do-it-yourselfers who are willing to do the research to learn how to work on them. Internet makes this easy. Dealership service is expensive, but seldom needed. This is the best engineered car I've ever driven or owned. The fit and finish is perfect. I was astonished that such an aparently heavy car gets such good gas mileage (22 city / 29 hwy).

Favorite Features

Memory seats, rear deck power sun shade, auto-dimming mirrors, Bose sound system, smooth ride, solid as a rock body, elegance and status and resale value. Timeless styling and lasting luxury.

Suggested Improvements

Later models moved the power window switches to the door instead of the console. Console location was awkward. Lighted mirror on sun visor is made from cheap grade of plastic compared to the rest of the interior. Built in phone is useless once the technology becomes outdated.