Solid German tank; won't let you down
By FJ on
2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)
What a great car. My first E-class, an E430, was totaled, and the same dealership got me into an E320 4Matic. Excellent ride; a joy to do some DIY work to, easy to work on and find OEM parts online, and a great community of owners at various sites, including benzworld dot org. I've had Lexus and I just can't get over how much better the German ride is and how well Mercedes makes their vehicles. A completely different driving experience than even BMW and Audi, both brands I love as well. But for now, given the quality, fit and finish of these vehicles, I'm glad to see Benz took a step in the right direction with the W212 chassis (2010- up) and I'll be buying a used W212 wagon next!
Favorite Features
Handling, road feel, 17" rims on Sport trim I own are gorgeous, the 3.2 liter V6 engine really has the torque where you need it unlike some Japanese luxury models of the same year; classic interior and exterior design; reliability is much better than Germans are ever given credit for.
Suggested Improvements
This car is now out of production, so does it matter? Antiquated stock 16" wheel design is about the only complaint I ever had with this car. "Better cupholders" are for people who drive to get from A to B; this car drives like a dream.