2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Review: Great car, Bad service

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Review

Great car, Bad service
By lneath on

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car!!! However, there are a couple of cheap points, the plastic driver's vanity mirror has broken twice, the cup holder has broken 3 times, and my catalytic converter 2 times. The material bottom of the door would be better like my 190e as plastic, the material gets too dirty. Service seems to send it out with problems it didn't previusly have.

gas mileage, drive, room,

Cup holders, plastic vanity mirror, service
By wiseman10
on 12/26/11 19:51 PM (PST)

Your description is exactly the same experience I had. For years, I had to constantly change light bulbs, lots of problems with electronics and - By All Means - every single time the car went to the dealership for repair I would get a sense that they were "inventing" problems that did not exist to charge me more and - more often than not, the car would come out with more problems than before going in. The ultimate disappointment was last week when I took the car to the dealership (It now has 140K, I got is since it had 40K), and they gave me a clear bill of health. One week later the car colapsed with Clutch ang Transmission problems that are more expensive to fix than the value of the car. I am disappointed beyond belief. I think the car is actually ok, but the Mercedes Service has been just simply Horrible. I am not buying Merceded again because of the service.