2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Review: E55 Rare to find Only 2000 w2

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Review

E55 Rare to find Only 2000 w210's Total
By 4Everomeo on

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I love this car. If you find one in good condition, with low mileage. Purchase and you will understand. At least test drive it! 0-60 in 4.9 and plenty of room for the kids and groceries. High forged pistons and AMG engine quality. Much better then Mercedes Benz alone. Buy a car with 100k miles, and your buying an AMG motor that will last almost twice as long. Unbelievable gas mileage, computer states exactly 24mpg on the highway at 75mph!!! An aggressive yet subtle styling. Very wide 275/45 rear tires. Even the elderly notice these! Took it to the dealer once after it was cleaned up, and was very very happy to see a few sales people line up to the window to look at my then 6year old car

Favorite Features

Acceleration, Handling is amazing for a 4door vehicle. The Monoblock rims are used since the 80's, yet they look Wonderful on this last year they used them in 02' The Stance of the car, I love how its a sleeper. The GRUMBLE of the engine!!! Lets you know you have 391 lbs of torque.....

Suggested Improvements

The tranny is pulled from the v12 SL 600.. Its a weird shifting automatic when you drive it slow through the gears. I find it shifts flawless when stepping on it. I have had the car for about 3yrs. Just buy one while you can. 17mpg city / 24mpg highway... still with 350 HP.