Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

I expected the best and I got the best!
By Moises789

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

My 2002 Mercedes-Benz E430 is an xcellent overall sedan. It has great performance, great handling, and has been trouble free.

Favorite Features

Handling, performance, reliability

Suggested Improvements

Although gas milleage is not terrible for its weight, I hope newer models will offer better milleage.

We love it!
By Wm. Jeffrey Donovan

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This automobile has been exceptional. I have been a Cadillac owner for about 20 years and switched to Mercedes because of a bad dealer experience. I was not thrilled with the Mercedes at first, because it was different. However, the longer I have the car, the better it gets. For the first time in my life, I am seriously considering keeping this car for more than 2 to 3 years. It has truly been a pleasure to own. The service is exceptional, and the attention the car gets is unbelievable! Everyone knows what it is. Everyone thinks that it cost much more than it did. The gas mileage is fantastic, and the comfort is outstanding. If I trade this year, it will be for another just like it

Favorite Features

Style, comfort, stereo system, size, mechanics, service program, quality, exceptional paint finish.

Suggested Improvements

More range of movement with steering wheel, better windshield wiper, wider sun shades, bigger trunk.

Excellent Luxury Sedan, a Classic!
By EOwner

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Rock solid car. Own a 1999 ML 320 also - what a difference. The M Class was in the shop every other month. This car has never been back yet. Ride, fuel economy, handling, are superb. 4Matic is worth the cost, even for a southern climate. Grips the road in rain or snow. Last year produced in this Model Series - W-210, hence many previous issues resolved (would not recommend any first or second year MB model). Glad I purchased this E-class- safe, superb, sleek - will keep it for years.

Favorite Features

Ride Quality; Road Handling in any weather;Brake Assist (used it - it does work!); Stability Control, Xenon Headlamps;Climate control system; Cruise Control (best I have had - very accurate)

Suggested Improvements

Automatic headlight switch; single player CD; Satelite Radio option;laminated side window glass (security feature - prevents smash and grab)

Good Car - Could Use Some Improvements
By JHas

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Had car for just under 2 years and 27000 miles. Love power/acceleration and AWD system (with Blizzak snow tires, car will go anywhere in any weather). No mechanical problems to date. Car is relatively anoymous and yet it commands a certain respect. Need improvement: 1. Front seats - in order to get lumbar support, had to order a special seat; worst driver's seat that I have ever experienced (and have had cars from many manufacturers including, Jaguar, Nissan, Saab, Mitubishi, VW) 2. Not having a separate dash insert to play a CD is ridiculous in a car costing this much

Favorite Features

Accelerates and handles brillantly. Not quite as nimble as my Nissan 300ZX, but far better than my Jag XJ8. Ability to handle any weather; superb brakes - well modulated, good feel and short stops; well built; quiet at speed; very good service(not quite up to Nissan and Saab)

Suggested Improvements

1. Better front seats are a must! 2. Ability to fold down rear seat back to extend luggage space 3. Provide seat heaters that stay on 4. Provide both in-dash cassette and single feed CD. 5. Better gas milage would be nice, but I am getting what I expected - so I can't really complain.

MB at its best
By MB Driver

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Long time dream of driving a MB finally came true. Very sophisticated drive, smooth, but not overly soft suspension. 430 engine is excellent. Feels tank- sturdy despite being relatively light- weight. Bought and plan to drive it for 10 or so years, will serve me just fine and will look just as respectable as today - they hold value and prestige very well.

Favorite Features

The ride, engine, amazing rock solid feel of the car. Super smooth, but never floaty. Very composed. Fast. Ego boost from 3 point star on the hood.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders are borderline useless. Non- intuitive controls - but they'll grow on you.