2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews 2

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Elegance, power and prestige
By MOISES MALOWANY on 06/09/06 21:22 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

A great car to drive if you enjoy driving! Power all around. At start, when passing in tight driving areas, and superb handling. All at a very reasonable miles per gallon. Average city and highway about 21 mls/gl. One of the best Mercedes I ever drove.

Great Car
By Ray Whitney on 05/08/06 18:29 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the car for a Sunday driver, however, I like it so much I drive it daily. The only problem so far is the dash display required replacement. The ecomony is much better than expected, 30 MPG on the road at 70MPH.

Mercedes Benz, a complete waste of money
By Heidelberg on 09/01/05 23:12 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

First off, I call myself "upgrading" from a 1998 Lexus GS300, but soon found out that I actually "downgraded" myself in this German problem. The air conditioner failed 2 times - one time it failed as soon as I picked the car up from being serviced. The brakes are an ongoing problem - they don't last more than 3 months and the brake dust that accumulates on my wheels (in the course of 1 day after cleaning them) is completely out of control. The fit and finish with the car is horrible: the interior door handle is peeling on both doors, bulbs constantly go out, the dashboard illumination is failing (which means no clock), etc. My advice, get a Lexus - when my lease expires, I certainly will!

Runs and handles as new
By Just like new on 08/16/05 00:18 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Although I bought my E320 8 months ago, I do drive it pretty hard, and I drive it often. Even at 54k miles, the car shifts quieter than my 2004 Grand Cherokee and my wifes 2005 Chrysler Pacifica. The city mpg for me is 17 city. The pick-up is fantastic while the handling is great! The interior is simple, but functional. My wife doesn't quite like the seats (she says that they are uncomfortable). The dash cluster is much friendlier than the 2003 BMW 5 series. My mother has a 525 and the steering wheel blocks the dash. I cannot see how fast I am going. Even though I move the steering wheel, the dash cluster is still blocked. I am glad I bought the E320. I favor it over the BMW.

My Batmobile
By Bummer on 07/22/05 05:24 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

It is a well engineered vehicle. The 2002 E320 has all of the improvements since 1996 without the glitches from 2003 and newer models. The brakes and throttle are soft and the suspension are made for a comfort ride. The body frame is solid and has no significant vibration until 100 mph. No major problems with my E320 so far. Unless you consider adding windshield fluid is a major problem.

Could be Better
By H. Baker on 05/03/05 14:43 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The looks and lines of the car with the sport package is outstanding! The engine is peppy while not a gas hog. Steering is heavy at times in turns. The turning radius is great in tight spots. The ride has been disappointing for a luxury $50k+ car. Frankly, I have driven cars costing half as much that ride better on rough surfaces. The single wiper is an issue as it never seems to clear the windsshield very well. The ventilation never seems to adjust correctly. It blows cold air in the winter and warm air in the summer.

I expected the best and I got the best!
By Moises789 on 11/13/04 22:32 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

My 2002 Mercedes-Benz E430 is an xcellent overall sedan. It has great performance, great handling, and has been trouble free.

We love it!
By Wm. Jeffrey Donovan on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This automobile has been exceptional. I have been a Cadillac owner for about 20 years and switched to Mercedes because of a bad dealer experience. I was not thrilled with the Mercedes at first, because it was different. However, the longer I have the car, the better it gets. For the first time in my life, I am seriously considering keeping this car for more than 2 to 3 years. It has truly been a pleasure to own. The service is exceptional, and the attention the car gets is unbelievable! Everyone knows what it is. Everyone thinks that it cost much more than it did. The gas mileage is fantastic, and the comfort is outstanding. If I trade this year, it will be for another just like it

Excellent Luxury Sedan, a Classic!
By EOwner on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Rock solid car. Own a 1999 ML 320 also - what a difference. The M Class was in the shop every other month. This car has never been back yet. Ride, fuel economy, handling, are superb. 4Matic is worth the cost, even for a southern climate. Grips the road in rain or snow. Last year produced in this Model Series - W-210, hence many previous issues resolved (would not recommend any first or second year MB model). Glad I purchased this E-class- safe, superb, sleek - will keep it for years.

Good Car - Could Use Some Improvements
By JHas on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E430 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Had car for just under 2 years and 27000 miles. Love power/acceleration and AWD system (with Blizzak snow tires, car will go anywhere in any weather). No mechanical problems to date. Car is relatively anoymous and yet it commands a certain respect. Need improvement: 1. Front seats - in order to get lumbar support, had to order a special seat; worst driver's seat that I have ever experienced (and have had cars from many manufacturers including, Jaguar, Nissan, Saab, Mitubishi, VW) 2. Not having a separate dash insert to play a CD is ridiculous in a car costing this much