2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Great car, Bad service
By lneath on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car!!! However, there are a couple of cheap points, the plastic driver's vanity mirror has broken twice, the cup holder has broken 3 times, and my catalytic converter 2 times. The material bottom of the door would be better like my 190e as plastic, the material gets too dirty. Service seems to send it out with problems it didn't previusly have.

Great Car
By JJP on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Mercedes. I am not disappointed! The car looks great, drives great and is built great. I test drove them all, the 5-series, GS300, A6 and Infiniti, and the Mercedes-Benz had by far the smoothest of rides for my taste. Highly recommended if your looking for style, ride comfort and dependability.

Solid car consistent with reputation
By Vincent A. Salgado on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

First car I've ever owned with zero defects. Also my first automatic. Alittle clunky out of first gear when cold. Very powerful engine and unexpectedly great fuel economy. About 16 mpg in downtown Washington DC and a solid 30 mpg on the open road. Bose sound system is fantastic. Fit and finish are impeccable. Wish they sold a turbodiesel.

Wish all cars were made like LEXUS GS
By missmylexus on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car without extensively test driving it. Campared the specs, similar to 99 lexus GS I owned. Very Sadly disappointed. All cars are not created equal. Miss the silky ride with the superb precision ride of the lexus. People think I am crazy if I tell them Lexus is a better ride. Every once in a while I forget I am in the benz when I try talking a turn at high speed. Also hard to keep this car within the lane. In my lexus I could drive with my hands of and felt the car to be an extension of me.

2002 E-320
By hmorse on 12/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Well recognized and respected vehicle.

The worst benz ever made
By oiul on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is the worst peice of junk that Mercedes ever made. So far it only has to things going for it the Mercedes badge and the slick exterior styling. I should have got a lexus I would have paid less and still have luxury.

The E-Class
By Gloria Martin on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoy driving my E-Class Sedan. When we drive through neighborhnoods with new homes people wave at us because in our Benz - they can tell that we really do belong there. If I park in front of a business and go in, I am shown much more respect than when we drove our Buick or Ford. I feel important when I drive our car. My only regret is that we can't afford the S-Class, Yet! Or that we may never be able to afford the Saloon!

A great car.
By Walter Mooshoolzadeh on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My E320 has been a great car so far. The ride is really smooth and street bumps can hardly be felt. The six cylinder has plenty of power even when the car is full of passengers. The am radio had terrible reception because of a loose antenna but was fixed. Another problem initially was a malfunctioning alternator sensor but again was fixed. The fit and finish is excellent. I traded a 2001 C320 for this because the C had many problems.

Turns heads
By Drdave on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

One design defect, the carbon cannister emission control makes loud clicking noise when vehicle at idle, dealer says a fix could come out in the future. For idle noise should have bought a Chevy!

Wanders on the road
By J. L. on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Car will hold a straight line. I have to constantly move the steering wheel to keep it between the lines. I have not driven drunk in 30 years, but I could hold a straight line in my old Ford drunk than I can the E 320 sober. I am VERY disappointed.