Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Great Car
By Ray Whitney

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the car for a Sunday driver, however, I like it so much I drive it daily. The only problem so far is the dash display required replacement. The ecomony is much better than expected, 30 MPG on the road at 70MPH.

Favorite Features

The electronics and all the steering wheel controls. The appearance of the car draws attention, it is great.

Suggested Improvements

Make the phone system easier to update.The driver's seat could be more comfortable.

Runs and handles as new
By Just like new

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Although I bought my E320 8 months ago, I do drive it pretty hard, and I drive it often. Even at 54k miles, the car shifts quieter than my 2004 Grand Cherokee and my wifes 2005 Chrysler Pacifica. The city mpg for me is 17 city. The pick-up is fantastic while the handling is great! The interior is simple, but functional. My wife doesn't quite like the seats (she says that they are uncomfortable). The dash cluster is much friendlier than the 2003 BMW 5 series. My mother has a 525 and the steering wheel blocks the dash. I cannot see how fast I am going. Even though I move the steering wheel, the dash cluster is still blocked. I am glad I bought the E320. I favor it over the BMW.

Favorite Features

Acceleration and handling. Comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

Tinted windows, auto headlamps, and the dashboard features has too many unneccessary uptions.

My Batmobile
By Bummer

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

It is a well engineered vehicle. The 2002 E320 has all of the improvements since 1996 without the glitches from 2003 and newer models. The brakes and throttle are soft and the suspension are made for a comfort ride. The body frame is solid and has no significant vibration until 100 mph. No major problems with my E320 so far. Unless you consider adding windshield fluid is a major problem.

Favorite Features

ABS brakes, stability system, solid frame, interior craftmanship.

Suggested Improvements

The trunk space is not big compare to other vehicles in the same class. The radio key is not senstive sometimes.

Could be Better
By H. Baker

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The looks and lines of the car with the sport package is outstanding! The engine is peppy while not a gas hog. Steering is heavy at times in turns. The turning radius is great in tight spots. The ride has been disappointing for a luxury $50k+ car. Frankly, I have driven cars costing half as much that ride better on rough surfaces. The single wiper is an issue as it never seems to clear the windsshield very well. The ventilation never seems to adjust correctly. It blows cold air in the winter and warm air in the summer.

Favorite Features

The automatic volume adjustment to driving speed on the radio is nice. The seal adjustments on the door are nice.

Suggested Improvements

The AC system. Cup holders. Wipers. The ride should be smoother and quieter.

We love it!
By Wm. Jeffrey Donovan

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This automobile has been exceptional. I have been a Cadillac owner for about 20 years and switched to Mercedes because of a bad dealer experience. I was not thrilled with the Mercedes at first, because it was different. However, the longer I have the car, the better it gets. For the first time in my life, I am seriously considering keeping this car for more than 2 to 3 years. It has truly been a pleasure to own. The service is exceptional, and the attention the car gets is unbelievable! Everyone knows what it is. Everyone thinks that it cost much more than it did. The gas mileage is fantastic, and the comfort is outstanding. If I trade this year, it will be for another just like it

Favorite Features

Style, comfort, stereo system, size, mechanics, service program, quality, exceptional paint finish.

Suggested Improvements

More range of movement with steering wheel, better windshield wiper, wider sun shades, bigger trunk.