2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Solid German tank; won't let you down
By FJ on 06/03/09 19:42 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

What a great car. My first E-class, an E430, was totaled, and the same dealership got me into an E320 4Matic. Excellent ride; a joy to do some DIY work to, easy to work on and find OEM parts online, and a great community of owners at various sites, including benzworld dot org. I've had Lexus and I just can't get over how much better the German ride is and how well Mercedes makes their vehicles. A completely different driving experience than even BMW and Audi, both brands I love as well. But for now, given the quality, fit and finish of these vehicles, I'm glad to see Benz took a step in the right direction with the W212 chassis (2010- up) and I'll be buying a used W212 wagon next!

Luv-n It in Alaska
By Diamond_Dan on 08/12/08 01:55 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this for my wife. The grandkids were coming home, and I wanted more security than the 04 Outback wagon. So, one day were cruising the lots in Fairbanks, AK. and find this sweet E320 4matic. So, we test drive and she is really liking the car, but is reserved. It is way more car than we have ever owned before. Now, I do own an 83 240D, and love it, 4spd 28 miles to the gallon on its second engine...but a 2002? Well I go to work, I drive the Dalton Hiway ...the haul road. When I get home 2 days later, the wife has had a change of heart...she had it all arranged. She loves the car. I've added a few things, 18" chromes, stainless window trim, and wash it every weekend. Love the silver!

Excellent Luxury Sedan, a Classic!
By EOwner on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Rock solid car. Own a 1999 ML 320 also - what a difference. The M Class was in the shop every other month. This car has never been back yet. Ride, fuel economy, handling, are superb. 4Matic is worth the cost, even for a southern climate. Grips the road in rain or snow. Last year produced in this Model Series - W-210, hence many previous issues resolved (would not recommend any first or second year MB model). Glad I purchased this E-class- safe, superb, sleek - will keep it for years.