2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG - Consumer Reviews

E55 AMG 5.4L V8 5-speed Automatic - (13 reviews )
So Glad I Bought This Car
By kstall3 on 10/13/11 14:48 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 90k miles and have driven it to 140k with only minor issues (headlight and window motor). The car will smoke about anything on the road and looks classy while doing so. I can get 25 MPG on the hwy, haul 4 adults and their stuff, and still toast all the Mustangs and the older Vettes. Routine maintenance is expensive - but tolerable. I am pretty sure this car will be remembered as a classic MB.

E55 Rare to find Only 2000 w210's Total
By 4Everomeo on 09/06/09 08:50 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I love this car. If you find one in good condition, with low mileage. Purchase and you will understand. At least test drive it! 0-60 in 4.9 and plenty of room for the kids and groceries. High forged pistons and AMG engine quality. Much better then Mercedes Benz alone. Buy a car with 100k miles, and your buying an AMG motor that will last almost twice as long. Unbelievable gas mileage, computer states exactly 24mpg on the highway at 75mph!!! An aggressive yet subtle styling. Very wide 275/45 rear tires. Even the elderly notice these! Took it to the dealer once after it was cleaned up, and was very very happy to see a few sales people line up to the window to look at my then 6year old car

E 55 born to drive
By E 55 Fast on 08/11/09 09:55 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I first drove a Benz a couple of years prior to owning one, and I never thought I would have so much fun! I looked at and drove BMW's, Audi's and a few domestics, but the E 55 blew them all away! With 355 bhp (according to factory specs) you'll be attaining 0-60 in just under 6 sec. It's a true rocket ship that I just have a lot of fun driving. True, a bit expensive on repairs, but this thing is worth the effort! Go get one and enjoy! BCR

MY E55
By Papidos on 10/28/06 04:41 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

What a car! The fastest and best performing vehicle I've ever driven in 50 years. Can't beat the highway mileage too at 22+ mpg with this vehicle. Simply in a class by itself.

Outstanding vehicle
By APS on 07/31/06 07:34 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Incredible power (350 ho, 400 torque) fantastic handling, hard to believe it is a four door sedan. Also have an 02 E430 and this outperforms in every way. I'm getting 22 MPG on the highway at 70 - 80 MPH average, better than my 6 cylinder 95 legend (which is also a great car). Most amazing thing is unlimited power along the entire power curve, no lag anywhere. Handling is fantastic, maintains a flat stance in any curve and super quick response.

this car is got eletrical prolem
By Danny Le on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

maybe its just my car. this car is got 2 many computer stuff and wires. my CD changer can never be fixed amd i tried 3 times. this car is pure luxury and performance, but the germans need to put efforts on the wirings.

Power Plus Quality
By bootknf on 06/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Has all the power you could want and transfers it to the pavement well. Absolutely no mechanical problems in nearly 2 years.

E55 - The "Q" Car
By bootknf on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Love the power and few know what you are really driving. Needs more leg room for really long drives for those of us over six feet tall (your right foot will cramp). Handling is great, love those "g" forces in a rock solid corner at high speed. It was the first delivered in the SE and I have put 10K miles on it this last year.

Worth Every Penny!
By David Hunter on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I must say after buying an E430 for the wife, I started saving for the E55. I was very impressed with the E430, but as an owner of a Ford 99 Cobra, I liked the speed and missed the ability to take a Vette at the light. I will never forget the day I bought my E55 (September 11, 2001) as it almost didn't happen. I cannot tell you how many thumbs up's I get from Vette Drivers at 120MPH! Everyone is VERY surprised thinking it is just a sedan!

Good:But Lexus is just as good.
By Kiknchikn on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Overall, the car is fun to drive and very comfortable. Performance is good and interior design is not bad. The front is very attractive but the rear I don't like as much. Looks too much like a box from behind.