Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4MATIC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Most Helpful|
Very Good Car, Problem Free.
By jason brasil

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

great exterior design, extremely eye catching. people stood around my car and kept looking while i was not near the vehicle. very quiet and comfortable ride. i traded my Lexus for this. i never received any attention from the public with the Lexus. however, with this MB, young women came up to me and complimented how nice the vehicle is. in some of these occasions. on another occasion, a highway patrol (a lady) stopped me for speeding but instead of sending me a warning, she complimented the vehicle and told me the road was slippery and requested that i drive safe. this is some experience i never had. no wonder, they said driving is an experience.

Favorite Features

4-Matic AWD, road grip, rain sensor, integrated sound/phone system, sleek exterior design and conservative interior design. Trouble free since delivery. Great service at dealership including free car wash, free loaner car etc.

Suggested Improvements

AM Radio reception - very poor.

Good Car - Could Use Some Improvements
By JHas

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Had car for just under 2 years and 27000 miles. Love power/acceleration and AWD system (with Blizzak snow tires, car will go anywhere in any weather). No mechanical problems to date. Car is relatively anoymous and yet it commands a certain respect. Need improvement: 1. Front seats - in order to get lumbar support, had to order a special seat; worst driver's seat that I have ever experienced (and have had cars from many manufacturers including, Jaguar, Nissan, Saab, Mitubishi, VW) 2. Not having a separate dash insert to play a CD is ridiculous in a car costing this much

Favorite Features

Accelerates and handles brillantly. Not quite as nimble as my Nissan 300ZX, but far better than my Jag XJ8. Ability to handle any weather; superb brakes - well modulated, good feel and short stops; well built; quiet at speed; very good service(not quite up to Nissan and Saab)

Suggested Improvements

1. Better front seats are a must! 2. Ability to fold down rear seat back to extend luggage space 3. Provide seat heaters that stay on 4. Provide both in-dash cassette and single feed CD. 5. Better gas milage would be nice, but I am getting what I expected - so I can't really complain.

Reliable and Sun Visor
By davyjoe

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

excellent automobile that is responsive to commands. It handles extremely well and drives like you would expect a Mercedes to drive.

Suggested Improvements

I am disappointed that the sun visor does not have an extension to block out more of the sun. This wouldn't be an expensive addition and would add a bit more class.

Bad buy
By Nomore

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the first edition E430 4 yrs ago. I have nothing but trouble. It seem like I have to take the car in for repair almost every month. Every single light bulbs in the car has been change at least once. Fan belt broke on my way to airport. I wish I bought a Luxus. I will never buy another Mercedes again.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

Make it more reliable.

good job
By wlmparry

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

great car, fun to drive. i should have it before now. many thanks to edmunds.com for the reseach information that laid me to buy this car..... wlmparry