2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
First Luxury Vehicle
By Felt32 on 02/07/10 04:59 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I fell in love with Mercedes after I first drive a used one and the drive was like I was riding on Clouds. There wasn't any outside noise with the windows rolled up and I was just very impressed with this used German vehicle!!

Luv-en It!
By Luven It on 12/28/07 08:19 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Love the E320! Loved the design of 2002 vs more recent models, classic vs a more cloned look. Ride is great, acceleration is awesome with a smooth transmission even after 5 years! Fit and finish is in wonderful condition even after 5 years. Was unsure if purchase of a used vehicle was a smart move but with 1 year of ownership under my belt, very happy I made the choice. Seat warmers are weak, front interior lights are too bright- like looking into the sun.

2002 Mercedes E 320 w/Elegance Package
By Pete on 11/23/07 16:08 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My first ever Mercedes. I am more than pleased with the car. I would caution buyers who are looking at buying a higher mileage car to take the car in for a transmission oil and filter change. Mercedes says it isn't needed, but mine did. Be sure to only use Mercedes-Benz transmission fluid. Older Mercedes cars are good cars for do-it-yourselfers who are willing to do the research to learn how to work on them. Internet makes this easy. Dealership service is expensive, but seldom needed. This is the best engineered car I've ever driven or owned. The fit and finish is perfect. I was astonished that such an aparently heavy car gets such good gas mileage (22 city / 29 hwy).

SE320
By Yen on 12/20/06 20:51 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Cheap materials both interior and exterior for an expensive car. Engine very quiet. Fixed A/C, radio in first year.

If you like the shop
By Not for me on 11/13/06 14:30 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Having always wanted a Mercedes. I finally poneyed up the money and purchased a used 320 with only 37K miles on it. Since then I have been on a first name basis with my service advisor as I am bringing the car back to the shop almost every other month for different problems. Here is what has broken so far. Interior visors, both left and right due to the mirror covers hinge breaking (not covered under extended warranty) Catalytic converter at 70K. Ball Joints at 78K. Windshield washer resevoir (not covered $230). Instrument lighting. Entire radio. Voltage regulator. Most of this would not have been covered if I hadn't purchased the extended warranty. Too much for me. Back to Lexus

Great Car
By Ray Whitney on 05/08/06 18:29 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the car for a Sunday driver, however, I like it so much I drive it daily. The only problem so far is the dash display required replacement. The ecomony is much better than expected, 30 MPG on the road at 70MPH.

Runs and handles as new
By Just like new on 08/16/05 00:18 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Although I bought my E320 8 months ago, I do drive it pretty hard, and I drive it often. Even at 54k miles, the car shifts quieter than my 2004 Grand Cherokee and my wifes 2005 Chrysler Pacifica. The city mpg for me is 17 city. The pick-up is fantastic while the handling is great! The interior is simple, but functional. My wife doesn't quite like the seats (she says that they are uncomfortable). The dash cluster is much friendlier than the 2003 BMW 5 series. My mother has a 525 and the steering wheel blocks the dash. I cannot see how fast I am going. Even though I move the steering wheel, the dash cluster is still blocked. I am glad I bought the E320. I favor it over the BMW.

My Batmobile
By Bummer on 07/22/05 05:24 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

It is a well engineered vehicle. The 2002 E320 has all of the improvements since 1996 without the glitches from 2003 and newer models. The brakes and throttle are soft and the suspension are made for a comfort ride. The body frame is solid and has no significant vibration until 100 mph. No major problems with my E320 so far. Unless you consider adding windshield fluid is a major problem.

Could be Better
By H. Baker on 05/03/05 14:43 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The looks and lines of the car with the sport package is outstanding! The engine is peppy while not a gas hog. Steering is heavy at times in turns. The turning radius is great in tight spots. The ride has been disappointing for a luxury $50k+ car. Frankly, I have driven cars costing half as much that ride better on rough surfaces. The single wiper is an issue as it never seems to clear the windsshield very well. The ventilation never seems to adjust correctly. It blows cold air in the winter and warm air in the summer.

We love it!
By Wm. Jeffrey Donovan on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This automobile has been exceptional. I have been a Cadillac owner for about 20 years and switched to Mercedes because of a bad dealer experience. I was not thrilled with the Mercedes at first, because it was different. However, the longer I have the car, the better it gets. For the first time in my life, I am seriously considering keeping this car for more than 2 to 3 years. It has truly been a pleasure to own. The service is exceptional, and the attention the car gets is unbelievable! Everyone knows what it is. Everyone thinks that it cost much more than it did. The gas mileage is fantastic, and the comfort is outstanding. If I trade this year, it will be for another just like it