Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

First Luxury Vehicle
By Felt32

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I fell in love with Mercedes after I first drive a used one and the drive was like I was riding on Clouds. There wasn't any outside noise with the windows rolled up and I was just very impressed with this used German vehicle!!

The ride/drive, Quality of the interior, Reliability (being a used vehicle)

Exterior, Gas Mileage, Cost to Maintain

Luv-en It!
By Luven It

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Love the E320! Loved the design of 2002 vs more recent models, classic vs a more cloned look. Ride is great, acceleration is awesome with a smooth transmission even after 5 years! Fit and finish is in wonderful condition even after 5 years. Was unsure if purchase of a used vehicle was a smart move but with 1 year of ownership under my belt, very happy I made the choice. Seat warmers are weak, front interior lights are too bright- like looking into the sun.

Styling, acceleration/handling, functionable interior

Who cares what I think, it's 2007!

2002 Mercedes E 320 w/Elegance Package
By Pete

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My first ever Mercedes. I am more than pleased with the car. I would caution buyers who are looking at buying a higher mileage car to take the car in for a transmission oil and filter change. Mercedes says it isn't needed, but mine did. Be sure to only use Mercedes-Benz transmission fluid. Older Mercedes cars are good cars for do-it-yourselfers who are willing to do the research to learn how to work on them. Internet makes this easy. Dealership service is expensive, but seldom needed. This is the best engineered car I've ever driven or owned. The fit and finish is perfect. I was astonished that such an aparently heavy car gets such good gas mileage (22 city / 29 hwy).

Memory seats, rear deck power sun shade, auto-dimming mirrors, Bose sound system, smooth ride, solid as a rock body, elegance and status and resale value. Timeless styling and lasting luxury.

Later models moved the power window switches to the door instead of the console. Console location was awkward. Lighted mirror on sun visor is made from cheap grade of plastic compared to the rest of the interior. Built in phone is useless once the technology becomes outdated.

SE320
By Yen

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Cheap materials both interior and exterior for an expensive car. Engine very quiet. Fixed A/C, radio in first year.

If you like the shop
By Not for me

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Having always wanted a Mercedes. I finally poneyed up the money and purchased a used 320 with only 37K miles on it. Since then I have been on a first name basis with my service advisor as I am bringing the car back to the shop almost every other month for different problems. Here is what has broken so far. Interior visors, both left and right due to the mirror covers hinge breaking (not covered under extended warranty) Catalytic converter at 70K. Ball Joints at 78K. Windshield washer resevoir (not covered $230). Instrument lighting. Entire radio. Voltage regulator. Most of this would not have been covered if I hadn't purchased the extended warranty. Too much for me. Back to Lexus

Good looking car. Nice paint. Ergonomic.

Make a car that doesn't have so many issues. It's all the little things that break. I am extreemly careful in the driving and care of all my autos and have never owned a car with so many issues. Very expensive to maintain. Minimum $80 for oil change at local lube store, Couple of hundred at the dealer.