Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Nothing like it!
By Kevin DiBacco

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove the BMW, Saab, Audi, caddy. The e320 blows them away. Benz is the top dog!

Favorite Features

The ride. Like your living room couch on wheels!

Elegant traveling for the family
By MBZfan

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've been looking at some of the new 08 E350 wagons offered from Mercedes and although they're beautiful, my 02 E320 wagon still looks nearly as sleek and stylish, so I may hang on to it for a little longer. the car has almost 100k miles on it and it still runs like it did brand new! (always used synthetic motor oil and premium gasoline) I just put new Continetal tires on it along w/ a wheel alignment and the car doesnt vibrate at all even when cruising in excess of 80 mph. This car still gets 24.5 mpg on the highway! It has plenty of cargo room and AWD for the snow making it perfect for ski trips up to the mountains. while its not sexy, you gotta admit its stylish for a family car.

Favorite Features

4MATIC is perfection, solid & safe feel, agile for a hefty car, decent mpg, luxurious, COMMAND navi system is also good as some newer cars navigation systems, great resale value

Suggested Improvements

Mercedes, please make the new E350's cheaper and more fuel efficient, otherwise i have no reason to give up this one

Great car
By Elmer 3

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Love the automobile. Tire wear has been good. I just recently replaced them. This is the best experience I have had with any automobile in this area. My first experience with a lexury automoble. Bad experience with light bulbs- I have never owned an automobile that burned out so many, Merecedes replaced all of them under warrenty except the last two. They were marker lights and were easy to replace.Total cost for both was $2.25. Experience with the dealership has been great except that a mechanic missed a bad tire once. Cupholder in front is not the greatest.

Favorite Features

Lots of room. Good visibility and great power for a 6

Suggested Improvements

Change the cupholder. My wife says her feet are crowded on her side(Passenger)

Who Needs An SUV?
By Gambrinus

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I hate mini-vans! Give me a car or a truck. A MV is neither. Anyway, it was time to replace the wife's van and she wanted a new one. "How about an SUV?" I said. "NO WAY" came the reply. The not so obvious but perfect answer was an E320 4-Matic Wagon. Room for the "Soccer Mom" chores, AWD for the snow, and handling that makes you forget it's a wagon! 23+ MPG at speed, try that in an SUV. Just go buy one!

Favorite Features

Quality,Styling,Performance,Comfort In any order.

Suggested Improvements

Memory Seats should move to position without having to hold the button.