Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

unidentify noise
By wjp1

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a 02 E 430 SPt SEDAN NEW. I have no problem in over 10 years. Only minor repairs. The vehicle performance magnificent,strong unbelievable aggressive acceleration and amazing handling , with the MECHANICALLY RELIABLE POWERFULL 4.3L V 8 engine AS APPRX. 160,000 MILES I want to keep this car for a while longer. I AM EXPERIENCING ONE RECENT PROBLEM, I JUST PUT A NEW A/C SYSTEM IN THE VEHICLE, BUT AROUND APPROX. 1000-1200 RPM I GET A DRAGGING PANORAMIC SOUND THAT GO AWAY OVER 1200 RPM. WHEN THE A/C SYSTEM IS ON ONLY. WE REPLACED THE UNIT BUT THE NOISE IS STILL THERE. THE LOCAL M-BENZ DEALERSHIP NEVER EXPERIENCE NOTHING LIKE THIS. I still have the noise and need help.

Favorite Features

THE CAR OFTER 10 YEARS RUNS LIKE NEW.safety,reliable,comfort,proven strong performance, minor complaints,great to drive on long distances.

Suggested Improvements

could use less plastic on some of the interior parts.

So Glad I Bought This Car
By kstall3

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 90k miles and have driven it to 140k with only minor issues (headlight and window motor). The car will smoke about anything on the road and looks classy while doing so. I can get 25 MPG on the hwy, haul 4 adults and their stuff, and still toast all the Mustangs and the older Vettes. Routine maintenance is expensive - but tolerable. I am pretty sure this car will be remembered as a classic MB.

Favorite Features

Power, looks, reliability,

Suggested Improvements

The seats are uncomfortable after about 3 or 4 hours of driving. I wish the CD player was in the front and not in the truck.

Rolling Passion
By don1978

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Driving this automobile has been an absolute joy. It hasn't always been smooth sailing. Have had to replace a motor mount and alternator; booth covered under warranty. Other than that it's been very reliable and has allowed me many enjoyable miles to reflect on what this car is really about. It does everything well. Sure a BMW 5-series will out handle this car but as a whole this rolling rocket is pure solid power wrapped in a much more elegant package. While driving you can feel as though the engineers have spent many sleepless nights designing this car; sweating every detail. Overengineered and it shows. Passion for their craft has inspired me. I Will have this car a very long time.

Favorite Features

Love the 8 cylinder power and sophistication. Love the unflappable chassis. Great built quality. Timeless design. Yes, the car is overengineered, and components will probabaly break but when they work, it's flawless. Love the single windshield wiper.

Suggested Improvements

Overengineered.

Nothing like it!
By Kevin DiBacco

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove the BMW, Saab, Audi, caddy. The e320 blows them away. Benz is the top dog!

Favorite Features

The ride. Like your living room couch on wheels!

First Luxury Vehicle
By Felt32

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I fell in love with Mercedes after I first drive a used one and the drive was like I was riding on Clouds. There wasn't any outside noise with the windows rolled up and I was just very impressed with this used German vehicle!!

Favorite Features

The ride/drive, Quality of the interior, Reliability (being a used vehicle)

Suggested Improvements

Exterior, Gas Mileage, Cost to Maintain