2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
unidentify noise
By wjp1 on 06/04/12 07:18 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a 02 E 430 SPt SEDAN NEW. I have no problem in over 10 years. Only minor repairs. The vehicle performance magnificent,strong unbelievable aggressive acceleration and amazing handling , with the MECHANICALLY RELIABLE POWERFULL 4.3L V 8 engine AS APPRX. 160,000 MILES I want to keep this car for a while longer. I AM EXPERIENCING ONE RECENT PROBLEM, I JUST PUT A NEW A/C SYSTEM IN THE VEHICLE, BUT AROUND APPROX. 1000-1200 RPM I GET A DRAGGING PANORAMIC SOUND THAT GO AWAY OVER 1200 RPM. WHEN THE A/C SYSTEM IS ON ONLY. WE REPLACED THE UNIT BUT THE NOISE IS STILL THERE. THE LOCAL M-BENZ DEALERSHIP NEVER EXPERIENCE NOTHING LIKE THIS. I still have the noise and need help.

So Glad I Bought This Car
By kstall3 on 10/13/11 14:48 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 90k miles and have driven it to 140k with only minor issues (headlight and window motor). The car will smoke about anything on the road and looks classy while doing so. I can get 25 MPG on the hwy, haul 4 adults and their stuff, and still toast all the Mustangs and the older Vettes. Routine maintenance is expensive - but tolerable. I am pretty sure this car will be remembered as a classic MB.

Rolling Passion
By don1978 on 02/08/11 20:30 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Driving this automobile has been an absolute joy. It hasn't always been smooth sailing. Have had to replace a motor mount and alternator; booth covered under warranty. Other than that it's been very reliable and has allowed me many enjoyable miles to reflect on what this car is really about. It does everything well. Sure a BMW 5-series will out handle this car but as a whole this rolling rocket is pure solid power wrapped in a much more elegant package. While driving you can feel as though the engineers have spent many sleepless nights designing this car; sweating every detail. Overengineered and it shows. Passion for their craft has inspired me. I Will have this car a very long time.

Nothing like it!
By Kevin DiBacco on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove the BMW, Saab, Audi, caddy. The e320 blows them away. Benz is the top dog!

First Luxury Vehicle
By Felt32 on 02/07/10 04:59 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I fell in love with Mercedes after I first drive a used one and the drive was like I was riding on Clouds. There wasn't any outside noise with the windows rolled up and I was just very impressed with this used German vehicle!!

E55 Rare to find Only 2000 w210's Total
By 4Everomeo on 09/06/09 08:50 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I love this car. If you find one in good condition, with low mileage. Purchase and you will understand. At least test drive it! 0-60 in 4.9 and plenty of room for the kids and groceries. High forged pistons and AMG engine quality. Much better then Mercedes Benz alone. Buy a car with 100k miles, and your buying an AMG motor that will last almost twice as long. Unbelievable gas mileage, computer states exactly 24mpg on the highway at 75mph!!! An aggressive yet subtle styling. Very wide 275/45 rear tires. Even the elderly notice these! Took it to the dealer once after it was cleaned up, and was very very happy to see a few sales people line up to the window to look at my then 6year old car

E 55 born to drive
By E 55 Fast on 08/11/09 09:55 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I first drove a Benz a couple of years prior to owning one, and I never thought I would have so much fun! I looked at and drove BMW's, Audi's and a few domestics, but the E 55 blew them all away! With 355 bhp (according to factory specs) you'll be attaining 0-60 in just under 6 sec. It's a true rocket ship that I just have a lot of fun driving. True, a bit expensive on repairs, but this thing is worth the effort! Go get one and enjoy! BCR

Solid German tank; won't let you down
By FJ on 06/03/09 19:42 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

What a great car. My first E-class, an E430, was totaled, and the same dealership got me into an E320 4Matic. Excellent ride; a joy to do some DIY work to, easy to work on and find OEM parts online, and a great community of owners at various sites, including benzworld dot org. I've had Lexus and I just can't get over how much better the German ride is and how well Mercedes makes their vehicles. A completely different driving experience than even BMW and Audi, both brands I love as well. But for now, given the quality, fit and finish of these vehicles, I'm glad to see Benz took a step in the right direction with the W212 chassis (2010- up) and I'll be buying a used W212 wagon next!

2002 Mercedes C-320 Wagon -37,000 miles
By Bill Gesham on 12/31/08 01:54 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this Mercedes with 37,000 miles from a dealer whose wife had been driving it. Mileage is 21.5 to 28 MPG. It is a joy to drive on trips and around town as a daily driver. The sport package is worth the cost. It handles great. The 320 engine is strong and has good acceleration when passing or entering interstate on ramps. The car would be fun to drive with a 5 or 6 speed manual transmission. As it is, it is a sleeper and will jump any 3 series BMW. Room in the car is more than adequate with the storage space being a strong point. Interior is comfortable. The Bose audio system with the disc changer is a real value and is superb in sound and function. At $16,000 it was a great value.

Capable family car
By Dan on 09/19/08 13:47 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Plenty of passing power. Don't be fooled by the looks, this is not grandpa's Mercedes. Great legroom. Mechanically reliable. I always have a smile driving this car, until it's time to refill.