Hard to Replace
By John on
2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)
This is my second new MB but not my last. In ten years, I replaced normal wear items consistent with the mileage but not much else. Service at the dealer is somewhat expensive and I had one bad experience of being overcharged, which I complained about to the next few service advisers. They agreed and made things right. Oddly, in the last couple of years, the cost of replacing typical wearable items has gone down - generally less than estimated. The car gets 22 mpg running around and about 28 mph on the highway (at about 60 mph). The car still looks great, rides well and is totally reliable, which makes it difficult to drop $50k to replace it with a new model.
Favorite Features
Style, reliability, all wheel drive, and gas milage. No matter what year your MB it is immediately recognized as a Mercedes Benz.
Suggested Improvements
My only complaint is that the AM radio reception was initially good in my area but has definitely become poor, at best. Seems to work better in other areas, but I think this is a car radio problem not a radio signal problem.