Used 2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Good Car, But...
By john kolb

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The AM radio has never worked well. I replaced the CD changer in the trunk after three years and limited use! Interior vanity failed third year. Variuous other little problems that required trips to the dealer like lights, air conditioning and power steering. Thank God for the extended warranty ,but this excluded radio, vanity light, and CD player. My wife loves the ride, I expected a lot more for the money. I'm disappointed.

Rides very well. Great car for a long trip.

The electrical system needs a lot of improvement.

Love My "E"
By James McDuffie

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Mercedes-Benz. Many of my friends already owned one, so I had a lot of exposure to them. Once I started looking for a new vehicle, Mercedes was at the top of my list. I also seriously considered the BMW 5- and 7-series, Audi A4 & A6, Volvo, Lincoln, Buick, Cadillac, and Mercedes S-class. From the beginning the E-320 was my favorite.

Exterior is stately yet somewhat sporty. Interior layout of this vehicle is outstanding. It's very luxurious in the German sort of way. Great engine and transmission - handles very well. Definitely a great long distance transporter.

Fit and finish was not what I expected of a vehicle in this category and price range. Mercedes technicians should be more trustful of the information owners give them in attempting to diagnose and resolve service issues.

Reliable
By E320W sport pkg

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

So far I have had no problems. I bought it used from an authorized MB Dealer so I have the Starmark warranty and a bit of factory warranty left. I have not encountered any problems other than regular maintenance repair. I probably could have bought one for about 6K less from a non MB dealer, but I did not want to risk dealing with headaches.

Navigation, Tele-aid service, controls on the steering wheel

Seats just dont seam to be as comfortable as I was expecting. I cant seem to adjust them to the right spot.

E55 AMG the ROCKET
By Jay982004

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Best car ever built!

Super ride
By microrepair

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second E class (96 was the other) and am amazed at the improvements from the 96 in every respect; ESP, radio controls on wheel, V6 vs. straight 6 and the improved acceleration, 5-spd vs. 4-sp transmission. It rides smoother and quieter than the 96 ever did. And handles better too, although the tires might make a difference; it has Michelin vs. Goodyear and Yokohama on the 96.

Interior ergonomics are super for me; I'm almost 6'4" and the headroom even with the sunroof is good. Quiet ride, smooth engine /transmission, Bose stereo.

Seats NEED adjustable lumbar support in this price class. Electrical throttle control a little spooky occasionally (a second or two of no response moving from standing start).