2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Do not buy a Benz
By GK on 10/05/05 17:46 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle from a corporate car dealer with original warranty still on vehicle. In the past 1 year I have been at the mercedes dealership more than 10 times. CD changer went out, instrument panel display went out, a/c noise, front suspension bushings replaced, exhaust pipes 2 of them replaced, and many more small problems. The loaner car guy knows me by name now, I have been there so many times. My Acura 3.2tls is a much better car. I will never-ever buy a Mercedes again. Too many problems and always in the shop.

Simply the Best
By Benzo Boy on 08/03/05 17:34 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I replaced my 1989 300E (with 220K miles) with this silver beauty. Clasic looks, straighforward interior. Solid, safe, and secure. A blast to drive, and the BOSE stereo is awesome.

Good Car, But...
By john kolb on 06/14/05 22:00 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The AM radio has never worked well. I replaced the CD changer in the trunk after three years and limited use! Interior vanity failed third year. Variuous other little problems that required trips to the dealer like lights, air conditioning and power steering. Thank God for the extended warranty ,but this excluded radio, vanity light, and CD player. My wife loves the ride, I expected a lot more for the money. I'm disappointed.

Love My "E"
By James McDuffie on 05/04/05 07:20 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Mercedes-Benz. Many of my friends already owned one, so I had a lot of exposure to them. Once I started looking for a new vehicle, Mercedes was at the top of my list. I also seriously considered the BMW 5- and 7-series, Audi A4 & A6, Volvo, Lincoln, Buick, Cadillac, and Mercedes S-class. From the beginning the E-320 was my favorite.

Reliable
By E320W sport pkg on 03/14/05 17:02 PM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

So far I have had no problems. I bought it used from an authorized MB Dealer so I have the Starmark warranty and a bit of factory warranty left. I have not encountered any problems other than regular maintenance repair. I probably could have bought one for about 6K less from a non MB dealer, but I did not want to risk dealing with headaches.

Super ride
By microrepair on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second E class (96 was the other) and am amazed at the improvements from the 96 in every respect; ESP, radio controls on wheel, V6 vs. straight 6 and the improved acceleration, 5-spd vs. 4-sp transmission. It rides smoother and quieter than the 96 ever did. And handles better too, although the tires might make a difference; it has Michelin vs. Goodyear and Yokohama on the 96.

what a sweet upgrade from an aging e420
By cmerc on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

7 months left on orig warranty - dealer tossed in 4yr 100k starmark extended warranty love the ride and the graphite leather interior with contrasting piping is sharp - feel like I got my money's worth ... will check back in a year and let youknow how it holds up.

E430 Sport
By Mike Fruin on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased this vehicle as a pre-owned replacement for my 1999 E430...much more car than the Audi A6 or BMW 5 series, both of which were considerations at the time. The 8 cylinder engine, sport suspension, and auto-stick transmission is awesome. A few too many electronics possibly, but a dream to drive none the less.

Awesome Auto
By JPF on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this auto at auction and it rocks! I am 6'4" and the car fits with room for someone behind me. The engine is more than you need and it handles great in the mountains. I have owned Bimmers before and this is a softer ride somewhat (which my wife likes) but it is less stressful after one long day in the car. Buy it!

Black Beauty
By D. Robison on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I thoroughly enjoy this vehicle, the ride is quiet and comfortable. The cabin is egonomically designed for easy access to every appointment. The vehicle without doubt is built to exacting specifications. The bose sound system is without equal, and makes the vehicle a pleasure to drive. The only question I is the transmission which seems a little quirky at times, perhaps it's my first experience with a Mercedes that causes this concern.